Black Chicken Studios Forums

Proposed Patch for Y1

Rhialto

9 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

Oratory 9 have [Character & Instructor Relationship]Character/Self/Instructor/Choice of Instructor] instead of a random Instructor, sadly choice of don't work as reward during SS / skill increase.

@Rhialto this bug could be fixed easily by the BCS team, we even could fix this with the old Mod tools.

• 7 months later...

I'm putting together a spreadsheet of typos, bugs, lore inconsistencies, etc. that I'm noticing as I play, since I'm finding enough that it would be unwieldy to post them all separately here. I thought I'd let you know, Legate, in case Y2 is anywhere nearby on the horizon - please inform us before you finalize the last Y1 patch so I can submit everything I've found so far at that time, if I haven't already.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

I believe it will essentially be any code fixes needed. But if there's content, I imagine yes.

Well, the content that I wrote for characters who end the game with no familiar addresses a situation that the base game does not address. Here it is for your reference:

• 1 month later...

@Legate of Mineta: If I may be so bold as to suggest a revision in the game's text, the stage in the adventure "Time to Be Counted" that discusses arithmancy cannot decide whether to spell it arithmancy or arthmancy. There are other typos that I notice, but this one is very important because it deals with a major part of worldbuilding rather than, for example, confusing homophones or near homophones. I presume that arithmancy is the term, because it is a real word.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I didn't get the Familiar Bond Adventure Strange Doll 01 ("Dexter Marchant and the Strange Doll") from getting the Doll via Excange familiar in my recent RPG.
I suspect it is again the issue with some familiar adventures are automatic started at the 1st day of the game.

Edit: I don't think it will be fixed in Y1 but still want to report it.
If you use Exchange Familiar in the first time slot, follow up ability on the same day still count for the old familiar

• 3 weeks later...

For Sprite Bond Adventure 05 - Good Path the Sprite Bond Exit 12 is from the description something the familiar is doing but the roll and reward is for the player.
Also, I think Sprite Bond Adventure 04 to Sprite Bond Adventure 06 should be on the same day.
Because I didn't look for the other 2 path, I think it is best to have a full look at this familiar bond adventure.

• 1 year later...

Can't (easily) confirm if it's been fixed since or not, but checking the DLC 15 Mod Base I happened to notice that despite the descriptions claiming that Rhetoric and Zoology are graded on a Curve and Hybrid Curve respectively they're both actually set to be graded on a Distribution.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Metis said:

Can't (easily) confirm if it's been fixed since or not, but checking the DLC 15 Mod Base I happened to notice that despite the descriptions claiming that Rhetoric and Zoology are graded on a Curve and Hybrid Curve respectively they're both actually set to be graded on a Distribution.

That also should be fixed in the in-game description, then.

I have some stuff too, to add

1. Observation 11 only gives an +1 Insight. Formerly it gave an universal expand on Spell Durations.  I just think that the expand in Spell Durations is way more unique than a plain Attribute increase.

2. The Omen : three Suns says

By selecting this Background, you accept the mark of a strange (and occasionally treacherous) magical phenomenon, gaining +1 to Finesse, as well as to your skill in Acrobatics, Composure, and Concealment.

At the moment of your birth, three suns were visible in the sky overhead. Tradition holds that this is a sign of trickery and deceit - and you've done your best to live up to it.

It has deceit in his description yet does not give one point to the Deceit SS. It would make Sense to me to change that

3. I would be delighted if the Researcher Background would be added.

4. I would have to check again, but Research Mastery Phemes gives +1 to Mastery Phemes Max.

I think there was supposed to  Theory of Mastery 11 -> Methods +1max / Methods 11 -> Spells +1max.

But I think there is a mix up somewhere. Im not sure but I think if you research all Mastery you end up with like Spells +2 max but no max for Methods or vice versa. Something like this.