Black Chicken Studios Forums

Seng Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart

8th to 14th Hionosi

The Gate magic training starting for me this week is actual quite gruesome, slowly draining my vitality while visiting the teaching.
Still the result is great, within just this week I already learned my first summoning spell called Wild dog.

This week I had to help with guarding the thief that was captured during the 28th Cheimare by the Legate with my help.
The problem I encountered there was that the other 1st year didn't see any need for guarding a prisoner. 
So, despite that the Legate ordered us first year to guard him with a group, I only could convince them to do this job with 2 people at a time.
Natural 2 day later the prisoner managed to escape because the 1st year completely ignored the guard duty. 
With a dog we managed the follow the escape till to near a building when we suddenly found us back at Academagia.
Good that the Legate ended our duty regarding the tief then.
Still the next powerful mage that have at last 1 magic trick of the gate school, and here I thought this magic is forbidden.

During the weekend I then had some time to explore a forest again with my familiar.
This time we encountered a settlement of light fairies that have a crystal stolen by a group of dark fairies.
While the light fairies fighting with the dark fairies Wildspirt managed to sneak in the home of the dark fairies and recover the crystal.
Before the dark fairies even realised what happened I managed to rush the crystal to the location where it is supposed to be. 
Anyway, without the spell Silence Footfalls I doubt Wildspirit and me would manage to pull this off.
After I delivered the crystal, I was blinded by the resulting bright light and when I regained my sight the dark fairies were running away.
According to the light fairies Wildspirit and me now considered their allies, quite the interesting result.

Sunday I then had to alt last do some service for the bookworm's club.

15th to 21st Hionosi

Beside learning at Schuhanwitch, how the gate magic school is called, training with my Familiar and helping at the bookworm's club
I again found some time for 2 adventure this week. 

Aymeri once again learned about some interesting place this time a cave that apparently is protected by a puzzle trap.
The puzzle trap only needed some research to break it and the next one was a glamour dragon.
What idiot is using the universal enemy of humankind as a Glamour? If we didn't realize it fast enough, I would have brought massive forces.
Hidden behind the glamoured dragon is a human more ghost the living.
The other 3 of my clique had no interest in "babysitting" and after they didn't find anything else they left me alone with this ghost like human.
When I learned from him that he was also in Academagia before his ancient with gate magic happened, I decided to ask the Negation Professor for help.
Although he was discharged from the Academagia already because he failed to show up, the Regent from Durand still decided to have a look.
In the end this half ghost was brought to the infirmary in Academagia.
I was tasked to inform the House Grounders that their long missing member was finally be found.
It still took till the weekend before then this half ghost status was mostly cured und he could visit his house.
Together with some Regents and Professor I had to attend this celebration and to my surprise I even would get a price money.
Instead of the price money I asked for a statue in honour of Durand to be erected.
My hidden thought about this is that if this statue is built on the Durand Campus, as a sponsor I should probably have access to it.
Also, the prestige from having a statue should more help to my parents and me then pure money.

Sunday when my clique was walking in direction of the Imperial Reserve together with our familiar, a giant Acorn that even can speak was discovered.
To be precise it was actual my familiar that discovered it. Because this Acorn lost its direction Eduard decided to help it find its way home.
So first we have to sneak into the imperial reserve once again what isn't that much of problem for me anymore.
And if it wouldn't for a small group of Bandit who stupidly thinking that the Academagia outfit means, we are easy prey, it would have been an easy task.
This time it was me who brought dangerous animals upon the bandits instead the reserve something upon me. 
2 swarms of bees and 1 dog was enough to unnerve these bandits already when I just had started with the fun.
Hopeful none of my friend realized that I used simple gate magic outside of the sight of the bandits.
After the bandits it was no issue to bring the Acorn back home anymore.
For me the interesting thing was that there is another grove hidden in the centre of the imperial reserve and what we carried is actual a royal Acorn.
The Oakheart Branch each from us got might be useful in the future but for now with my sword, 2 wands and the Enchanted Horn I carry more than enough.

22nd to 28th Hionosi

This week I only tried to learn why a ghost was disrupted in its rest at a house in Hedi and it took way longer than expected.
I came across this when during a bookworm's meeting my hands got on a few books that where ruined with personal notes written into them.
Looks like someone recently found out about a treasure that might still be buried in this house and thought it is on them to find it.
As open as it is written about this so-called treasure in this old books it would be a wonder if the treasure would be still in this place 100 years ago, not to talk about today.
Still, I natural reported about the ruined books so that the culprit can be punished, after all it was quite the work to remove these notes.
The next day I visited the building and found the ghost blocking the entrance.
Putting my courage together I talked to the ghost and then I learn that there 3 students who digging in the base and so disrupting its slumber.
What worse the even threatening the poor ghost that he should keep other people away or they destroy his grave.
For the next day I then waited with my friends in hiding to make sure all 3 people are inside the building and then I am getting a professor over to punish these students. 
On the way back I explained the professor that these students damaged books, hurting a usual peaceful ghost and even damaging the base of a Hedi building.

This week I finally became good enough to perform with the violine, lyre and lute even without magical instruments.
Actual this is only the start that my rival for the best grades in Music long reached for the violine.

Spells as of 7. Nivelos

New spells are market with N .

Spells I now can cast without any difficulty:
6th Finger A simple spell of the Enchant and Revision school that helps a lot with working on Enchant projects or at the Forge.
It even lasts for a full week.
Armor of Winds A difficult to cast Incantation spell. At the cost of a minor penalty to your non magical Ranged penalty,
you gain a good increase of your vitality and vitality maximum for 1 day
Awareness of the Blessed A simple spell of the Revision and Religion school.
It improves your sense for Dangers at the cost that you can't communicate that well for 2 days. 
Benefice from Above An difficult to cast spell of the Astrology and Religion school.
Gives a 5-day lasting small increase to success with Beneficial Actions and Abilities that might even increase your Intelligence and Insight.
Champion of the Voiceless An Animal, Glamour and Astrology spell of average difficulty.
Permanent reduce the bound between your targeted familiar and its master.
Croon An Vocal, Music, and Glamour spell of moderate difficulty. It increases your Voice and your Vocal Musik performances for 4 days.
N Economic Boon 
N Every Moon in Its Mansion 
Fortune's Choice An difficult Astrology spell. For a bit more then 1 day you drain the luck of a target to give you a slight better chance for nearly everything.
N Game Face 
Glow of Victory A Glamour, Glory and Charm spell that is supposed to be simple. It increases the casters Charm, Glory and Beguile for 5 days.
N Harmon's Plan 
N Hyperbole 
N Improve Negation 
Insight into Planet's Schemes An easy Astrology, Insight, and Knowledge spell.
For 3 days your interactions with one person get a good improvement.
Intense Focus An very easy Glamour and Mind spell. For 3 days it gives a good increase a sub-skill of your choice,
but also reduce 2 random sub-skill. On a good casting your Insight is increased as well.
Law of the Circular A easy Revision and Numberical spell that for 2 days increase one selected sub skill by a good amount while 5 others are slightly reduced. 
N Librarian's Ghost 
Lift Knowledge An very easy Revision and Pattern spell. For 2 days it gives a good increase to your Decipher Handwriting and Research.
On a good casting Cryptology and Filing also gets a good increase.
Little Delirium A easy Glamour and Affliction spell. Till your target rest the next time it becomes more Playful and is less careful where it does what.
Mathematical Acuity A very easy Revision and Numeric spell that increase your Applications of Arithmetic and 2 other selected sub skill for 3 days.
Moment of Peace A very simple Incantation spell that remove some stress and let one withstand stress better during the next 4 day
N Planar Displacement 
Quick Wit An easy Knowledge and Glamour Spells. For 3 days in increase your Chance of Success with all Social Action and Abilities.
Although for the same time your Negation and Persuasion is reduced.
N Rending Leech 
Saving Face An very easy Appearance and Glamour spell. For 5 days your Aesthetics, Cosmetics and Courtly Fashion is increased.
Scan Music An very easy Music and Glamour spell. For 4 days your Lute, Lyre, Violine, Voice, and Harpsichord sub-skills are increased.
Silence Footfalls An very easy Air and Incantation spell that for 3 days give you a good increase to your Move Silent sub skill.
Sing-Song An very easy Music and Glamour spell. For 5 days your Famous Songs and Voice sub-skills are increased.
On a good casting even 4 relationships with you are improved.
Solace A very simple spell of the Revision and Religion school that reduce your Stress even more then Moment of Peace.
What more for 1 week your Temperance and Composure increases. 
Sparkling Fields A very easy Glamour that increase your Observation, Perception and Playfulness till you rest the next time.
Stiff Upper Lip An Emotion and Glamour spell of moderate difficulty. It increases ones Courage and Leadership for 4 days.
On a good casting it even increases the Forge and Enchant skill sets by more than the 6th Finger Spell. 
Swim as the Fish A very easy Revision and Water spell. It increases your Brute Strength, and by a good amount your swimming sub skills.
The Familiar's Gift An easy Revision, Familiar, Empower and Blood spell. For some of your Vitality some of your familiars Attribute are increased.
on an average casting it is even all all Attributes of your familiar that are increased.
N Strengthen Will 
N Swarm of Bees
N Swim as the Fish
Synchronize Schedule An very simple Time and Glamour spell. Plot and Coordinate is raised for all clique member for a full week.
Even better a full 1 in 20 chance to hit the target of a ranged attack despite all the odds.
N The Familiar's Gift 
Warm Cloak A very simple Air and Incantation spell that keep one warm. We learned it from the Legate thanks to our college winning the college competition.
N Weigh Evidence 
N Wild Dog 
Window to the Past An very easy Glamour and Research spell.
For a week your Library Knowledge and an History sub-skill of you choice is improved.

Spells I still have some problems but work at last half of the time:
Attuned to Surrounding An average Glamour and Discover spell. For 3 days your Navigation and Raid is increased,
and even your luck is slightly increased. 
Baldacci's Invigoration Spell An Revision, Stimulate, and Empower spell of moderate difficulty. For 4 days the target of this spell gets the Vitality, Strength and
Courage increased. But also suffer a lot of Stress and losses the Temperance sub-skill for the duration 
Beginner's Dispel An simple Dispel and Negation spell. If you want to remove or counter hostile magic this is where it begins. 
Cleanse and Remake An very difficult Religious and Astrology spell that increase all your Attributes for 4 days.
I think that you start do disregard your own live during its effect is a big flaw of this spell. 
Conservation An very difficult Astrology and Numeric spell. You earn 60 Pims while 20 nearby persons losing 3 pims each.
N Disrupt Communication 
Drop Guard An average difficult Affliction and Glamour spell. For 4 days the targets Danger Sense and ability to patrol isn't as sharp as usual,
 listening is slight affected as well.
Flush of Anger An Glamour and Emotion spell of moderate difficulty. For 4 days the target get the Diplomacy and Patience skills reduced
Harmon's Strife An Glamour and Emotion spell of moderate difficulty that permanent reduce the relationship of the target with some other people.
Heightened Senses An easy Sense and Glamour spell. For 5 days your targets Danger Sense, Observation, Patrol and Perception is increased. 
Inspirational Thinking An Informative, Knowledge, and Revision spell of moderate difficulty. It increases ones Research and Insight for 3 days.
N Iron Will 
Jumble Letters An Alphabetic, Enchant, Glamour spell of moderate difficulty. The target has its Intelligence and Insight reduced and even better
see a slightly higher chance of failure with all Action, Ability and spell it tries before it next rest.
Marcum's Square and Rectangle An Numeric and Glamour spell of moderate difficulty. For 3 day it increases your Intelligence, Geometric Laws,
Dialectic and Logic.
Minor Lift An easy Air, Revision and Item spell. For 4 1/2 day the size of an item is reduced and so make it also more concealable. 
Musical Talent An simple Music and Glamour spell. For 3 days all your Music sub-skills are increased and your Music skill itself even get a major increase. 
N National Glamour 
Number Knack An Numeric and Glamour spell of moderate difficulty. For 3 days your Astrology, Glamour, Incantation, Negation and Revision is increased.
Oliba's Reading An difficult Astrology, Alphabetic and Numeric spell. For 3 days it increases your Cryptology by a lot.
Organized Mind An moderate difficulty Knowledge, Informative, and Astrology spell. It increases your Intelligence, Research Action and Abilities for 4 days.
Presence of Person An easy Presence and Glamour spell. Remove Battle Fear from the target and increase its Leadership and Command.
Rise of the Tides An easy Moons, Emotion, and Astrology spell. For 3 day the target has increased Passion and Playfulness,
but with the cost of a slight reduction of Insight.
Seed of Doubt An Glamour and Confidence spell of moderate difficulty. The target loses its confidence, get stressed,
and even get hampered with all the Actions and Ability it tries for the next 4 day. 
N Squaring a Triangle's Sides 
Wizard's Aid An easy Revision and Magic spell that make spellcasting easier for the next 4 days.

Spells I know everything needed but without some helping push can't cast
N Circumvent Reason 
Durand's Flotilla A Glamour of moderate difficulty that increase your Patrol and Courage for 3 days.
Unless you manage to perfect cast it all your Actions and Ability get hampered for this time as well.
Impress Listener An moderate difficulty Speech and Glamour spell. For 2 day you get your Luck, Flirting, Flattery, Persuasion and Negotiate increased.  
Lose Bearings An Mastery and Affliction spell. If you manage to overcome the Intelligence of the target its Explore skill is reduced,
and even the luck is slightly lowered.
Punch & Exploit An Combat and Glamour spell of average difficulty. Your take some damage while you get your Melee and Ranged combat
Action and Abilities are increased a bit. 
Reveal Flaw An high difficulty Knowledge and Glamour spell. For 2 days all your Spells, Actions and Ability get easier. 

I skipped the description of the new spells, at least for now, because it is too much work.

1st to 7th Nivelos

Tuesday I found the time to buy some supplies in the city, was about high time to stock up some of the things I regular need.
On the way back, I was in thought about how unfair this ban of Gate and Mastery magic is for the current generations. 
I only realized quite late that somewhere I did take the wrong turn. I think during the Dance of the Fools I was at the same part of the city as well.
Suddenly I remembered the message this invisible bird has brought to me some month ago and the location I should go is just the next entrance to the right.
There was a structure hidden that just looks like an interesting decoration that then I touched at the 7 places as I supposed to do.
Although when I withdraw my hand from the last spot, I feel a light pain and a blood drop falling on the structure.
The next second I sensed some magic entering me and changing something.
Although I'm not sure what was changed but I think that it must be some restriction about Mastery magic that was broken away. 
2 days later when I actual want to train once again with my familiar I found myself in a cave full of crystals instead of the border of the forest.
Then it dawns me, this must be the famous Cave of the Crystals the invisible bird told me about, a place to study mastery!
My curiosity got the better of me and direct had to test one of the larger crystals ...
Ughhhhh that was too much knowledge in short time and now I have a headache with next to no gain.
What worse going outside dusk already nearing and there apparently no way down from this cave.
Hearing Wildflower from the left I spot her sitting apparently in the air.
Thanks to the headache it took me some time to realize that there apparently something invisible!
With the help of some dust and small stones it became obvious that it's an invisible path going away from the cave.
Following it I soon get to a normal path and from this I could go home to Academagia.

It became more and more clear that my knowledge on Gate Spells where lagging behind the rest of my gate magic understanding.
So, for this whole weekend I decided to focus on fix this issue.
Sadly, there not many places that would work for training because this magic is still considered illegal,
and I don't want to end in a prison cell of a religious order or worse.
Natural the Schohanwitch School should be one of the best places for this.
There was no practice room open for the Saturday, so I just hit the books in the library and did the training Sunday.

8th to 14th Nivelos

Because my friends from Aranaz are still not at the level to do the necessary Orthography for the wand project I am planning for quite a while,
I decided to try to learn the necessary techniques myself.
I had my doubts that I ever will reach the necessary level myself but thanks to the help of my friends, some people of the bookworm's club, a librarian,
and even my Enchant Professor I managed to learn the necessary knowledge in just a few days so that at the weekend I could start.
Saturday after casting Cleanse and Remake and 6th Finger, I then finally could start crafting the core of the wand.
The Enchant Professor even arranged a crafting station for me next to the infirmary so that he can keep an eye on me while he works there. 
Crafting the core did go without a hitch, but sure it was difficult work especial the Orthography part.
The core could even work as its own wand already, but it is only part of the main project.
For Sunday and The Sententae, I then got a full-fledged Workstation reserved.
When the Enchant Professor brought an older student over and told us that as part of his detention, he has to help me I was troubled.
I feared that this student might ruin my project, but we actual managed to work well together.
The Sententae after some finishing touches in the Orthography we could present the wand to the Professor. 
My helper got free from his detention and we both each got Merit for our college and Extra Credit for our class.
But the best part was that the Professor complimented my wand, as great work!