Black Chicken Studios Forums

Introduce Yourself

dingbat91

Hello Every one,

I just got my copy of academagia earlier this week and I'm hooked I'm hoping to stick around here for as long as these games are being made. I love how interactive this game is in an age of supposedly interactive games that often fail to live up to expectation. I've played through two full years with two seperate characters and i'm hoping to start my third before the night is out. Also on a side note I was wondering if you guys have any interest in specific character fiction that we build up through our playthroughs becuase i would love to make a complete account of my characters and the world they live in with more detail in some sort of almost fan fiction but better and trust me my grammer and punctuation is much better when i sit down to write then when i'm typing at 3am

Welcome to the site!

Yep, we even got a RPing section for fanfics. So swing by and start typing :)

If you haven't already then we got a wiki page (slightly work in progress, but you are welcome to add to) and a gazillion page long thread with questions and answers.

Welcome again and if you miss something then feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'lo everyone.

I actually picked this game up last year, but I never really gave it an honest chance until recently; the skill system and the marching horde of text scared me off at first. I just started giving it a go, and I'm really enjoying what I've tried so far (even though I'm on what must be my seventh retry, and I still don't quite know what's going on).

Looking forward to Year 2 either way!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, everyone. This game seems right up my alley; largely text based, doesn't take itself too seriously, and features many many ways to customize my character. I like watching little numbers go up, and this game has a lot of numbers to increase.

I, too, am looking forwards to year 2!

• 2 months later...

Hello. Newbie has arrived.

I've briefly played Academagia a couple years ago...around 2009ish, I think.

I've decided just now to sign up for the forums after playing 1931 Sceherazade.

I can totally see that there's a lot of work and dedication put into making the games, so I thought I'd keep myself posted on any news.

Nice to meet you all

Ah, no. Then I was playing 2010 then, since I was not playing beta.

All I remember for certain was that I definitely discovered Academagia around Junior year of high school.

Senior year was pretty busy for me, and I didn't remember doing much gaming. I could've sworn I played a bit of the game before my high school graduation though...huh. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, everyone! I found myself drawn to this game after reading the absolutely fantastic Let's Play by Bobbin Threadbare. As I was reading, I knew this game was practically made for me. Having both a love for numbers and plausible consequence as well as the ability to come at stories from different angles and make up additional vignettes for each character and play-through it just seemed like the game I had wished for. Nay, dreamed of! :blush: It may sound like I'm being hyperbolic right now, but I've been busy writing and working and have been burnt out from both AAA-list and indie gaming for some months. This single-handedly reminded me of why I love video-games. :wub: I have only completed the game two times of my own, but am still in the warm and pleasant shock of just finding something I appreciate so much - and, come next payday, I look forward to scooping up Scheherazade and all of it's Visual-Novelish goodness! And should a second year at the best school around ever happen to be released, well, that would make me so happy I might forget to use so many commas &/ textwall. ;)

But in all seriousness - this game is fantastic. It's creative, fun, funny, it handles characters in a way that I wish most turn-based strategy would consider, and the sheer breadth of choice is just something else. I don't know too many people, as I'm a little reclusive - but I'll be sure to mention this to those I know. Thank you so much for creating something that has brought so many smiles to my face - I hope it was as fun to craft as it is for myself to play. With all those warm wishes out of the way, back to lurking fer me! :blush:

*Negates gravity around Emre*

We're a bunch of fun loving people, Have fun floating around the forum! :)

...But remember that magic is sink or swim! I hope you can manage negating that! ;)

Or float endlessly, as the case may be.

I'd really love to help you negating that, but it's not really my strong suit and besides I got class in a few minutes. So good luck, or enjoy. Try to float towards the spire over there, I know for a fact Orsi happens to be in one of the window rooms. Maybe he'll spot you ;)