Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Clearly you're getting into trouble because you're overeager and trying to compete during class hours too much leads to class disruptions, leading to no learning, and thus, detention. :)

Sounds like duel will be a lot more fun and interesting in Year 2, can't wait :)

Will we be able to use that duel system in Adventures and events when it seems relevant or even possible? Perhaps against creatures, monsters, thives, brigands...

I can totaly see a situation where you feel you need to stop some, get revenge, or just for whatever reason duel someone... If you are initiating it and the other party isn't aware of you on the onset. Then Perhaps you could use your character study and Strategy&tactics skills to get a more advantageous starting position at the start of such a "duel"? Perhaps due to terrain, visibility, perhaps by fighting with the sun at your back making it blind the opposition somewhat. Your enterance and preparations could mean the world in difference.

Perhaps spotting and disabling enemy traps before starting if the enemy is the sneaky type. Like in the adventure with the Captain of mineta, where you had to disable the traps so his troops could storm those assasins with at least a little less risk.

Well, that raises a good point. Time push, despite supposedly being taught in the cold forge adventure, isn't in the Y1 list. The more powerful time slice spell will be needed in Y2.. Will that not be in the Y2 spell list?

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to ask if the time push spell can't be added to Y1. Or at least maybe given in the beginning of summer of Y2 to those who completed the adventure. Now that I'm thinking of it, it irks me :P

I guess it's possible that the spell Orso used speeds up the targets of the spell. That way the rest of the universe would be passing and moving through it's time the same as always. Those under the spell however are moving so fast though time that everyone else appears frozen. (Least it would work if you discount the physics aspect of movign through a time frozen atmosphere. It's a game after all.

The time freeze on the tower would be the opposite, it would be a spacial field that slows down everthing inside of it that isn't specificly shielded from it.

The time push spell would shield you from that effect.

In that case it wouldn't work on that adventure where the effect is the opposite of that experience in the tower.

Something like that. One is applied to a person or an item. When you used the enchanting skills to open that map it somehow transfered that mapscroll into your timeframe. Allowing you to open it. It seems both dangerous and almsot crazy for someone inexperienced to atempt something like that. Though, I guess the worst thign that coudl have happend is that you would loose the effect of whatever enchantment Orso had put on the gum, making it similar spitting it out.

I guess, in a way, you extended the enchantment around the parchment of the map somehow.

Since the Orso adventure involved a magic gum, I'm thinking Orso enchanted it. Therefor enchanting.

It might seem crazy but I'm actualy trying to make sense of in-game magic :P

Also, the tower quest is associated with Vernin college, and they are known for their enchantments. It wouldn't surprise me if that's also enchantment based somehow, or a combined enspell.. Something.

If there is place in Mineta how about a Clockwork Orchestra that can visited for a price and change the music they play ever now and then.

Maybe giving +1 Flawless Timing, +1 Clockwork, +1 Random Instrument for some pims? Maybe even giving - Stress.

(wait a minute didn't I suggest something like this already?)

Legate, can we please get an ability that would tell us of the days within a week where we could skip classes where they weren't teaching anything at all?

Me and Schwarzbart were talking on the difference between our characters and we both agreed that knowing which days to skip made a big difference. I don't keep a save for every day of the week plus 2 for holidays, So I think that this ability will help allow me to remove a little bit of that difference. Since It might use a timeslot to use, but you'd get a 2 slots in return for playing hooky, knowing you wouldn't lose anything. It wouldn't completely make the difference, but I think a player who goes through the game naturally without saving kind of needs this ability to get an edge.

A player who doesn't save scum can't abuse it for fear of detention, and those who do can find which classes to skip without it's help anyway. Think of it as a playing field leveler. I think if we were actually taking the classes we would know if a day was going to be a slow review day or not.

Heck maybe make it a passive ability if the team feels generous... Probably gained from schoolyard education. you just need to warn that that knowledge had better not be abused.

I'd prefer if all days counted towards learning something so you couldn't rely on being able to skip at all. Instead of having all 3 classes teach on some days and none on others it'd be better to distribute them throughout the year.

Moreover if too much is getting learned because all days teach something then make each skill require more skill steps, that especially makes sense for the magical skills.