Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

The first half I have no problem with, (though certain others might) but with the second, well, I kind of do... :)

No matter what, I think a balance is in order. I don't like skipping, but the difference between a skipper and nonskipper is huge.

Maybe give a bonus to those who go a whole week without skipping at all? I don't know...

Well the extra required skill steps would be balanced against the increased learning during classes, the only problem would be increased difficulty for self study of those skills, but it probably wouldn't be by much and I'd say it would make a lot of sense as currently you'll probably make as much progress studying on your own as when a teacher is actively teaching you.

I just hate how the truly ambitious students are encouraged by the mechanics to actually skip classes in order to learn.

Another mechanic that would have been interesting would be filling the "empty" sessions with some sort of automatic compete function where the colleges gain random merit depending on the skills of their students.

Well, the problem with your solution is, it removes a lot of the incentive to skip, and as much as I abhor it, I think skipping should remain. The problem is not skipping in itself, just that the game's playstyle greatly favors it if people are willing and able to get around the penalties.

I don't want to punish them for the effort but would like a shot at being a bit better without resorting to savescumming myself..

Maybe skipping could earn you demerits and excelling during class could randomly add merits.

Excessive skipping could perhaps give a negative class credit as well?

This might be the best solution, but I just don't know.... :(

For year 1 if you want to avoid the large extra work in looking if you can skip a class timeslot at a day keep in mind that trough the months of the exams there is nothing thought.

But keep in mind if you skip class to many time in short follow up have a higher chance to get you in detention then if you spread it out.

For year 1 if you want to avoid the large extra work in looking if you can skip a class timeslot at a day keep in mind that trough the months of the exams there is nothing thought.

But keep in mind if you skip class to many time in short follow up have a higher chance to get you in detention then if you spread it out.

On my last few run-throughs it looked like you could skip for a few weeks without any real issues, then my chap would run into a wall of detentions. After 5 weeks or so of being a dutiful student he could go back to skipping without any problem.

The difference in learning/etc between skipping and not is huge - what surprises me is that classes are held during the exam period, taking account of invigilation I'd have expected them to have bunched the exams together more and suspended regular lessons.

What would be nice is "library days" or "college days" where you are not entirely free, but instead of fixed lessons you are free to choose your study yourself as long as its a library/train/study action , or in the latter case a college specific set of actions.

For "the towed Island 06"...

shouldn't you be able to pay for the part yourself if you have the money? say, either an autosuccess pay the 200 pims outright, or a persuasion to split the cost 50/50 with Vincent? I'm sure both exits would work.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have some minor advantages to having a low relationship with a student/professor? Kind of like Alpha Protocol where you can take advantage of someone who hates your guts... ;)

And on that subject, if the above is possible, why not see a few more ways to lower relations? I find that it's very hard to do outside of the rare adventure or story element.

Please add a function for adventures where Pims can split between the clique.

I personal think its strange if the clique is helping the player but get nothing from the adventure rewards.

Edit: Student Adventure Sima 0 why is there a Glamour exit to identify a magic item when the spells for this are in Enchant and in Negation? (at last if I remember right)