Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Misc. suggestions:

1). Clique takeover. If you've been befriended by someone and made part of their clique, and don't necessarily want to ruin your relationship with them or leave the clique, it would be nice to still have the option to befriend other students instead of relying on an NPC.

2). Parental Favor should be at least partially influenced by your exam scores.

3). Speaking of parental favor, it really stank when I was a black sheep, worked a professor's relationship up to 10, used favor, and only got 10 parental favor as a reward. (instantly reset to 0) A professor that liked me that well would know how useless it would be to talk to my parents.

4). Speaking of black sheep, it seems to reset parental favor to zero each turn, not allowing it to drop negative. When I received random events that lowered favor, it still remained at zero. Is this intentional?

5). We need a perfect attendance award!

6). You've already helped us out by listing the exam date in the course description. However, I find that I misread the date often enough that I incorrectly prepare for negation instead of say, music. Would it be possible to display "Music Exam" or "Negation Exam" on the calendar instead of "Exam."

7). After referring this game to someone else, I later found out that she thought the game kept freezing on her the very first day after submitting her schedule. It sounds like she just didn't recognize that you have to confirm your actions twice. It might be worthwhile to alter the UI to draw more attention to the second confirm button.

Torolf;

Great suggestions, thanks!

1) This is probably not something that will appear in Year 1- but Year 2, definitely.

2) Oh...it will. :)

3) A good point- in a future DLC this Background will actually change to the original intent (-99 instead of fixed at 0.) We had to change because there was a monetary issue related to negative Allowance. A side role-playing note: your Professor may think that the breach can be healed...however unrealistic that may be. :)

4) It is, currently, yes.

5) A great idea! Not immediately implementable, but very interesting.

6) It has been requested, and we will try to implement it. It's a bit more difficult than it sounds, unfortunately, so it may not be quick.

7) Thanks for the recommendation! This has been requested- we are looking at the possibilities of having a feedback sound, an image change, and/or a cursor change. We *might* be able to put in the first implementation of these in Patch 5- but no promises.

Thanks again, and keep your suggestions coming. :)

With regards to 3), Did the character end up having to send Pims to his parents every two weeks? How funny. I almost never use Pims, but it strikes me that having to send money to support your family back home might make for an interesting background option.

7. That button, why not have it blinking brightly?

5. Hell yeah. Such devotion and sacrifice should be acknowledged. I dont know any here ever got that record.

And the Final Scholar Report, as well as Final Skill Record, and Final adventurous experience record, should be implemented. I mean, there should be something to soothe our ego, list our achievement, and sneer at our futile efforts in doing quests, right? Some comments from professors in the Scholar Report would be very fine especially if they are witty, ironic, or scathingly condemned.

Well, ever since I started taking athletics as a class to boost fitness and took the sports family background so I wouldn't miss a day's worth of classes each time I failed a random event, yes, all my characters would get perfect attendance. Even when you class skills are maxed you can still learn stuff from them.

I think it would be a good Idea to remove The Venalicium Libarary: Forbidden Arcives from get via Explore the Venalicium and add this to be get via The Venalicium Libarary: Restricted Section.

So someone who get access to The Venalicium Libarary early like trough Music still have to use 1 action more to get to the forbiden schools of spells.

Draigh the knowledge of Gate and Mastery is forbiden so I think it sould be inside the Restricted Area and if there is no mention about the topics of the Forbiden Archives on the outside of the Restricted Area you only would learn about to Study Mastery and Study Gate if you check the Restricted Area (with the higher chance of discovery) .

You even know its there if you look at the The Venalicium Libarary: Restricted Section you see you can unlook The Venalicium Libarary: Forbidden Arcives when using the action there so I dont see your problem.

As it is right now one can get to Study Mastery and Study Gates to fast & easy. Especial because of the gamedesign after you got the skill(s) you can use other actions to increase and master the forbiden Magic.

The other posibility I see beside restricting when you able to get the skill is to implemnet that Forbiden Magic Skills can't be chose as your skill to train with train or the librarys.

Knowing something forbidden should not be a problem. Using it though... should involve risks of getting caught and having consequences.

Having a knife does not make you a murderer.

And learning those forbidden lores already involves a chance of getting caught, using them should too.

The reason why I am unheapy with Study Mastery / Study Gates so easy aviable is that other places where you can get it usualy require to bring the right Subskill to 10 what is not necary for the Venalicium Libarary because you easy can get access to it via Music or Research. Even if you get the other places at last for gate there is either a diffcult skill roll involfed or it only can used once.

A other Reason is that even without Study Mastery/ Study Gates the Venalicium Libarary is one of the more usefull places (It simply makes Study and Train unitl you drop obsolent).

I also agree Gate and Mastery Spells sould be have a chance of detection.

I had an idea. Maybe give students who have 10/10 in one or all their classes the option of "studying" another class. That is, because they've done so well, they've been allowed independent study.

For instance, my Verin student is maxed out. She wants to study Athletics. She obtains permission to monitor the athletics class. Basically, the student is given the option to max out a 7th class, along with all the knowledge gained from that class. It would be a reward for devoting all that time to studying instead of exploring/adventuring.

Hopefully those updates will arrive elsewhere, since I don't have a facebook account (and won't get one).

In any case, I finally remembered the last suggestion I forgot from my above list. The computer seems hard-pressed to determine who my character's actual friends are. This is most noticeable at the end of term, where it chooses at most one student in my clique (if I have one) and usually other students I've never interacted with, even though there are other clique members or at least other students with a much higher relationship. On one occasion, it actually chose two students with whom I've had negative relationships. It would also make more sense to me, if the computer put a higher priority on choosing the students whose adventures were successfully completed.