Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

If skipping class was noticed to a signficiant degree they'd give detention or hall sessions, so if you skip without getting caught either they didn't notice, didn't care, or decided not to act for some reason (good grades, teacher's pet, assumed you were on a task for another professor, etc).

Frankly I think Orsi would be more likely to recruit someone who skipped and did well than punish them, at least as long as they didn't get cocky.

There is some kind of counter how high the chance is that you get into detention the next time you do something the Prof. disagree with and unless this counter is extreme high there is nothing that carry over to year 2. At last this is a info we got a while back. I'm sure if you got into hall sessions it will have some effect in year 2 also you never get the bonus for perfect attendance in class if you miss even a single one but that's all of effect we probably see.

I can't imagine that the perfect attendance award is that incredible, but I'm sure it's nice all the same. I'm sure you can do just fine without it ;) I would think perfect attendance is fairly rare, there is usually at least one day where.. for one reason or another you don't go.

Even if the perfect attendance award is awesome it won't equal the huge amount of skills I learned extra by skipping. What kind of negative consequence will there be for having skipped a lot though? Surely it can't be more than increased difficulty in future skipping.

Most of my characters skipped a lot and got many detentions, but no hall sessions (well I loaded and didn't skip when I got them). Probably just a third of all classes (just!), maybe a bit less. Enough to cause a stir in year 2?

Maybe the teachers should get annoyed but it's practically worth a glory point considering the grades involve being number one by a significant margin in everything.

Correspondence with a Friend

A on going correspondence with one of your friends of Academagia where you share your thoughts about different topics.

* Should be given for free to each Student at the start of the holiday

* Only work during the summer holiday.

* Cooldown 2 week

* Prevent the decay of the relationship during the summer break alternative increase it by 1-2

* the "sender" get 2 random SS +1 or alternative add +1 max to one SS of the favourite topic from the receiver

* the "receiver" get 2 random SS +1 or alternative add +1 max to one SS of the favourite topic from the sender (Not sure how to best find this for the player)

If it is possible to prevent that a student can send a correspondence to the same student again the thing like a increasing difficulty of a Forms roll would be possible i.e. base 2 + 4 after each use.

Does relations decay over the vacation? Maybe if the correspondence only gives relations it should allow for writing to more than one student per action. Otherwise it just because another of the abilities we never use unless "just because".

Maybe with a Caligraphy roll as a skill to determine how many letters you manage to write and send in the allotted time. Perhaps a grammar for one of the slots.

It would symbolise your skill at Writing fast and nice enough for you to want to send it to your friend successfully. Grammar could keep your words and writing flowing allowing you to send an extra letter in that same time slot.

1 Base letter for one student, minimum/ for the action.

1 additional letter 10v Calligraphy

1 more letter 20v Calligraphy

1 more letter 10 v Grammar.

Maybe the study habits skill could be what determines if you can get a skill increase with the return mail in something that the other student is skilled with. 10 v Study habits. (you don't miss the chance to get some help with school related work in your correspondence.) (Study group relationship from your Study skill)

Test taking could be the skill that does the Maximum skill increase, you are better at formulating your Query and thoughts on the subjects which has a chance of providing a more direct response on what you have yet to grasp or need help with. 10 v Test-taking

Those with little or no skill in it might still have a minimal chance of getting a skill point. They are also less likely to talk about school subjects in their letter and more about the social stuff and go off on a tangent there. Still, keeping in touch would be great for your relationships.

I hope that isn't too complicated ;) Maybe the Max increases should be more difficult, seeing as they are far rarer than picking up skill points. Maybe 18 v Testtaking.

There are still a lot of other things you can do during the holiday :) But it could be a good thing, Caligraphy, studyhabits and Testtaking are skill that rarely ever gets a chance to be useful for you. Studyhabits and Testtaking in particular.

Does relations decay over the vacation? Maybe if the correspondence only gives relations it should allow for writing to more than one student per action. Otherwise it just because another of the abilities we never use unless "just because".

Yes, relationships will decay over the vacation. It's why keeping a Clique together is going to be an exercise in Fun.

I think the Legate said something about a Professor possibly helping out or something. But it didn't sound like the Academagia will be "open" for anyone.

It could be that it is for the students safety just as much as anything else. With the staff possibly being light and help far in between the dangers at the Academagia with all of it's quirks might be too much.

Tbh, that place seems pretty dangerous with all it's old curses and experiments and what not that's been hidden away. Also, you can't leave your students to roam that place unsupervised.

I'm not sure what the school is like when it goes dormant.