Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Yay, Aventyrare gave me the Corrode Pheme! Not sure what it's good for tbh, but the lore for it makes it sounds rare and special :)

Only 5 people in Mineta knows it, apparently, it seems Aventyrare was one of the select few.

I'm guessing there is more to her than first meets the Eye.

Ooh.

I prefer keeping hold of favor, (at least as long as I can see benefit for holding on to it. Maybe in future years adventures will require high favor with instructors) but I agree that it is quite awesome lore!

Note however that it did say 5 'is known to know' which means that there are likely more. It certainly fits Aventyrare's profile to know a pheme like that. I'm curious to know who this person is that lives in that secret chamber in the library. Surely that chamber isn't in the Forbidden section......

Ooh.

I prefer keeping hold of favor, (at least as long as I can see benefit for holding on to it. Maybe in future years adventures will require high favor with instructors) but I agree that it is quite awesome lore!

Note however that it did say 5 'is known to know' which means that there are likely more. It certainly fits Aventyrare's profile to know a pheme like that. I'm curious to know who this person is that lives in that secret chamber in the library. Surely that chamber isn't in the Forbidden section......

Maybe that's where the proscribed artefacts are dropped off when professors take them off students who finds them.

Wouldn't want to spend half the game with just one action...

"Watch the ruins of mankind." There is nothing out there, luckily, you can summon or revise some food to eat... To live out the rest of your Life as the last being alive in the known planes!

I spend my favor roughly every 3 weeks, I'm of the opinion Page and Elegant Service is one of the best backgrounds.

Favor is easily gained so if I need it in the future I can always regain it. I tend to maintain high favor with Sixt von Rupprecht as I read it protected against detentions a bit. Not sure if that's actually true though.

Isn't it just a limit on allowance, not the approval itself? If it's all rolled into one it should be renamed to allowance instead.

I remember it as supposed to be a multiplier (maybe with a max) based on station/wealth onto your approval rating. I could be wrong I guess.

albert;

Absorbing and Redirecting were both in Y1, actually, although ultimately pulled- the Effects are still in the game, and do work, but not very usefully. Both see a return in Y2.

There are some events where you can pick a negation pick which seems to do what's described. Redirect or Absorb. It could use some more explaining. I assume Absorbing is a way of diffusing it? or do you just let it take hold? Redirecting seems fairly straightforward though(guessing it might take more effort?).

ahh... I think I understand then, you can absord phemes from a hostile spell and then use them for your own spells?

That could speed up casting a bit, just absorb incomming attacks and boost or create your own spells. Perhaps redirect one that isn't appropriate for absorption.

If you absorb phemes from a spell cast on you, what happens to the spell? Does it fail or change? Or work normally and you just absorb the energy after?

If you absorb the key phemes for the spell then it should "fizzle", if all you manage is to remove some added buff spells, then it will probably hit but the buff is removed. Just guessing here.

I Think that's pretty much what Briardi did on the wall, with some help from the walls enchantments.

So...say someone casts an exploding fireball spell that contains a Containment Pheme as an optional component, because containing an explosion means it blasts a smaller surface area with a greater force (I think. Physics! <_<), and you absorb the Containment Pheme.

What happens?

You mean does it turn into a regular fireball or fizzle because it was a key component of the desired spell?

I guess that relates to this: If you remove a pheme from the spell and that makes the ingredients fit another spell does that spell then happen instead of the whole thing fizzling?

Negation seems like something you just have to have, it sounds like a fun and involved skill set :)

One of the pieces of lore even mentioned that you could use Negation to either cancel or revise a revision, might depend on you skill I guess.

I'm not sure if it mentioned skill with Revision aswell...