Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

NMS probably isn't bad, I havn't played it yet or bought it tbh, maybe I will, not sure.

I think it all depends on what type of game you want. It seems more geard towards procedural generation of endless planets and environments. It might not have a lot of story content or meaningful interactions in a way that creates a story. I think someone wrote that some of the main planets had some quests or story things.

I think PG can be a great tool for creating the canvas for a game, but if it's mostly canvas and very little content then there isn't much of a game to play and more like a tech demo...

I say this as someone who's only watched youtube videos and read about the game.

Still, it seems fairly impressive considering it was created by a team of 4 people. with more people it might have made each/more planets more personal and content rich.

Personally I think the best combination would have been to Proceduraly generate maybe a hundred planets or at least a limited amount and focus on giving them more of a personal touch with interesting content and some added artistic vision to be added on the PG canvas background. At the same time I realize you would also need a lot more staff to do so.

I also read that after 8 planets you start seeing repetition and by watching Youtube I did notice crystals and shapes reappearing just with a different colour.

Bigger team of artists, some more story elements and a more personalised touch on a more limited amount of planets and I think it would have been a better game. (From what I've seen and heard from others)

Tbh it feels a little strange to pass judgement on a game I havn't played and only watched on youtube and read about. I could be very wrong, but my expectations from the beginning when I heard about the small team trying to create a wast PG universe made me think it would be more like a tech demo for PG and perhaps soemthing they could sell to others who want to use their PG tech to add their own stories and content using the NMS engine and setup to create a canvas for their imagination and work. *Feels a little bit uncertain about it but pushes the post button anyway*

If people finds it good or bad probably depends on expectations. I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, just maybe not what I'm looking for. I like space games though and ScI-fi and and obviously a lot of other things aswell as long as it's got good stories and/or interesting stimulating interactions happening.

Just read that article, it's kind of sad if you can't see the other players when next to you if the dev said you would, people might have been expecting to get a chance to team up and explore together and do stuff out there. It's deffinately one way people could imagine making the experience interesting, goning places with friends tends to bring things to life.

That's kind of sad.

City Hall Adventure 04 how about give the player also a book as reward for doing all the work for a stranger? Every time I do this adventure I feel displeased by the bookshop owner that he not even give a small token of gratitude to the player and he should have enough books that are problematic to sell now but would still good enough to read.

Wouldn't it better to give the size of the Mayor in relation to the player character like she is a head shorter, go only to the knee etc. then to use different races where the player have no clue at all what size they would have? I.e. how large is a dwarf in this game compared to the player I personal suspect a adult around the height of the player or a bit larger but it could als be just to the hip if the dwarf where small in this setting. Giving size in relation to a different race is like saying this creature is about the size of a dog (yea this means it could be something from 9.5cm to 250cm if not given more specific)

I came up with this suggestion because of the main text of Bright Young Vernin 04a.

I don't disagree complete with the idea of give comparsion in size with a common known race but it should only be done if the 2 race are about the same size.

Only a child living on a farm might come up with a idea to say some animal it saw was the size between a pig and a cat because they see this kind of animals each day but even this children more likely would try to find a spot at their own body to tell how large it was. (I also suspect even in Mineta and Academagia its more common people see cats and pigs then dwarf and pixie)

For me the negation exit of Regal Place Adventure 01 feel kind of inconsequent compared to other adventures where using Dispel magic is an all or nothing thing while in this adventure the actor talk "You're stealing away my magic! Stop it!” .. “Stop your spell first!”.

I think it should be more along the line "Why have you stopped my spell?"

Unsure what from my edit you have read I put the second part of my previous post complete here:

Regal Place Adventure 02 hmm a Crystal bridge as creative this might be I don't think we could so something like that with year 1 magic. How about make the Incantation magic exit using Streets of Ice after all if the ice cover the complete needles there should be no worry about get hurt. The other alternative could actual levitation via Negation as you could pull your self along the walls levitation by it self is enough. Revision + Engineering could a other creative exit in using the papers together with the needle to actual form a passage (what actual would be more year 1 level then make a bridge out of non existing crystal)

For me the negation exit of Regal Place Adventure 01 feel kind of inconsequent compared to other adventures where using Dispel magic is an all or nothing thing while in this adventure the actor talk "You're stealing away my magic! Stop it!” .. “Stop your spell first!”.

I think it should be more along the line "Why have you stopped my spell?"

Maybe it has multiple sources/spells bound together and you might have interupted a part of the spell/ritual. Which might delay it or in the end collapse it entierly... It should be able to strip a few ffect, while others might remain, maybe there is a limit to how much magic power the spell you cast could Dispell, and there were several effect going and they were well outside the strength of your spell to be snuffed out all together. Just thinking of different possibilities.