Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Legate,

Hopefully It's not too late, but I would recommend against adding the UI lock in the Clock portion of the UI. For UI consistency it would make a lot more sense to add it as a check box along with the other options under the Menu section. (Besides then you don't have to add new graphics for it.)

I also have a suggestion that would be very helpful for people who have multiple save files during a play-through: Please add the in-game calendar date to the save file listing.

Thanks! Yeah, the clique bug is a show stopper for sure. Been waiting for that one to be fixed before investing time in a serious run through. Also if there's content fixes, starting a new game is probably going to be required to get the changes. :(

One question: I zoomed the text out quite a bit, but every time when more text is supposed to appear (for example when reading the tutorial letter on every new chapter), it looks like it redraws the texts, and the pages dont seem to contain the same text as before. So everything moves around, and I have to search again on where to start reading on. Any idea why this is?

Also not so much a suggestion as a Well done! for the devs. Playing on the steam release now, and I remember posting in 2011 about the game being kinda small on big screens. I am totally loving the scalabitily, and the ability to move things around. very very nice. Also give props to whoever designed the music (I especially love the more quiet chill ones). hearing the soundtrack come on took me back years :D

But why does it change? Imagine i'm on a text that fills 3.5 pages. I'm assuming that text is already filling the space as best it can, right? but when another page of text is needed to be appended on the bottom, that part that previously took 3.5 pages, now takes 3.8 or 3.3. Why does the amount if can fill change? the text in it hasnt changed, only new text has been added on the back. Having to search where to continue reading from every time you add a new page really hampers the reading flow :(

allright thanks.

i recorded a bit of it if you wanna get visual confirmation on what i'm talking about

although its not the worst example ive had, you can see at around 11 seconds, the last line of text "embarrasing moment of my life" is at the bottom of page 2, but when the next part of text loads, it jumps to being on the top of page 3

And if possible revert back to the old system of clearing the screen before printing the next main/success/failure/whatever text. I don't know what this new system was supposed to accomplish, but all that it has accomplished is making it more of a nuisance to read. Which, for a visual novel, kind of a problem.

And if possible revert back to the old system of clearing the screen before printing the next main/success/failure/whatever text. I don't know what this new system was supposed to accomplish, but all that it has accomplished is making it more of a nuisance to read. Which, for a visual novel, kind of a problem.

Hear hear quite frankly.

Is the "Illusions Dispel" a regular spell in year 2 that the people who finishend The Map Beneath the Desk 03 then get on import?

Not unless they set up a check for it, but that portion is the last to be final. You may want to discuss again later. :)

A other not this elegant option in this case is to add a book or scroll to the Library of Illusions that contain the Illusion Dispel and the needed Pheme for it.