Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not sure if someone, maybe even I am, suggested this already but allowing to visit the shops by region so that multiple (unlocked) shops of the same region can visited with one time slot use could improve the shopping system.

For catalog shops I think the best would that you could order at them all during one timeslot if the downside that you can't sell to them and the delivery delay stays.

Beside delivered goods need a better reporting as I always was surprised to find the ordered items in my inventory at some point. A message like a parcel have arrived yesterday would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta: I was wondering whether adventures/content with Tabin could feature his muttering, at appropriate times, syllables or words that would be obviously foreign but in a vague way - playing to his foreign mysteriousness. The only one that I am thinking of (due to my education's skimping on languages) is "pala" (meaning protector in Sanskrit and A!/O! in Tagalog).

On 3/7/2020 at 7:17 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

That's a very interesting suggestion- I'll mention it to the Team, but...I wonder if he would do that...;)

Just to clarify, it would be, as I see, a trait that he would use under stress - muttering some words in his native language, a few syllables of which could be overheard in certain times.

Montague Ruffo, on the other hand, would probably take to bellowing similar things as part of his efforts to seem foreign and mysterious.

• 3 weeks later...

I think rebuilding the great steam engine via magic could be an interesting year 5 project for player from Vernin and Aranaz (or clique with students from both college).

Adding the Zoo would make this project to big but just the steam engine maybe with a  magic way to heat it that isn't direct part of the engine should be good as it is.

@Legate of Mineta: In one of my adventures dealing with Zoe Melis, I obliquely hinted that she knows about Gressel's Medications. But in an adventure that I am writing, I want to reveal that not only does she know about the place but that she knows about its secret - due to her learning and sickliness. Is this acceptable? I would not use this as a way to turn Zoe into some type of secret master of a nearly forbidden art - rather, as I conceive it, she would know about the secret but not want to study it or reveal it to others.

@Metis, do you have any thoughts?

IIRC mechanically Gressel's Medications is the location tied to the Sync parent skill research topic, and from there no one stops the PC from researching it and getting information about the Gressel crew p to and including the Master's Mark. So at least mechanically there shouldn't be any issue with that. I'm not sure how much of a secret it really is, either. Worst case I don't think it's unreasonable for Zoe to mention something to them about her wanting treatment for something and being given a surprise offer she simply didn't take. They do freely talk about Natural Philosophy subskills, so there's some kind of opening there.