Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

45 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

1) Yes/

2) Not in Y2, alas.

Well then, would it be possible (in story and in-game) to have an item of only human manufacture that, when equipped, would benefit the PC and a particular NPC? I know that the spell Disorder the Heavens affects Aaran Ledale, but it is a spell that involves dragons and Aaran.

@Legate of Mineta: May I write an event like my farewell events for Y2 except for the first day of the second school year in which Prudence Cossins tells the PC about how she got in trouble over the summer? I have an entire back-story (inspired by a a fascinating true event from Elizabethan England) worked out for why Rikildis, in one of my adventures, refers to Prudence as a "dim Durand deodand".

1 hour ago, Legate of Mineta said:

"We just added the line "Prudence is a lover of alliterative verse" to Prudence's background notes."

Wonderful. The way she named her organization the Belonging Brethren, was thrilled to receive the nickname Prudence the Powerful, and in one random event sings a song named "Wind beneath my Wand" - all of those suggest that she likes alliteration in her poetry/song.

@Legate of Mineta: I have a pair of suggestions.

1. For several of the adventures that I am writing/planning, there are options in which Pelia appears (if rescued during Y1), trying to raise money through various alchemical endeavours (none involving selling intoxicants stronger than coffees) in order to pay her legal fees due to litigation about her father's estate, how old she really, is, and alchemically related chicanery (spying upon her researches, attempts to prosecute her for illegal gold making, etc.). Would this be an inappropriate angle for her as the team has her?

2. Could there be a meeting between Tabin and Pelia? Or may I write one?

• 2 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta: I want to add some Tagalog dialog into an adventure that I am writing - because Zoe Melis would be the type of character to know such a language (no verb "to be"!) and because its exclusive first person plural would allow for clarifying a point that English struggles with. And do not worry - a translation would be provided and the meaning is not obscene (friendship is our treasure). So, I have three questions.

1. May I do this?

2. May I have the language called in-setting Taga-Bundok? I ask because Tagalog means "from river" and taga-bundok means "from mountain", and in a setting where sheered-off mountain tops are more common than rivers (if I understand correctly), a mountain would be a more obvious place to use as a basis for a language's name.

3. May I have a reference to my proposed geographic realm Mata ng Daigdig (World's Eye) in my adventure?

On 5/5/2020 at 9:43 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

Mmm, I think so. Hard to say, though. Try it and we'll see! :)

@Legate of Mineta, in fairness, if I remember correctly, the two students whom I attribute with this knowledge are neither very open with secrets and very observant (Sima and Zoe) - at least, Zoe is with money very observant.

6 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

And the reply:

"Mineta has a massive, ancient hospital called the Valetudinario - it's very nearly as old as the Academy, and it's got divine fingerprints all over it (so to speak).  The main structure is between the Admiratio and the Ponte Roscius, but it also owns a dozen smaller structures scattered around the city.

What you're talking about is one of those: the Nosocomio della Sciarpe.  It's also known as just "the Bathhouse," since that's what the structure used to be.  (There are still bathhouses in Mineta, mind you, so people will only know what you're talking about if you lay on the context.  "Grandfather's cough is getting worse - they've had to send him to the Bathhouse.")"

Can an adventure that I am writing have Zoe as a regular (or semi-regular) patient at this hospital?

@Legate of Mineta: A couple of quick suggestions for Y2.

1. Gates and Mastery magic should not be allowed in duels in the Academagia's formal duelling grounds. To allow this without having the PC executed afterwards would break the lore about how those pillars are illegal. Such prohibition could be justified in-story with reference to anti-gates and mastery wards in such duelling grounds.

2. Are there plans to allow a PC to duel certain students on behalf of other students? I could imagine that Zoe Melis would love a duel against Milena di Montors, and Sima Venesico's recruiting a male PC to duel for her could be a recurring theme.