Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

@Legate of Mineta: Would it be permissible for me to write a sequence for Y2, triggered by a very narrow set of circumstances from Y1, in which Zoe Melis becomes concerned that the PC is interested in her because e thinks that e can cure her illness? Such a scenario would be based in some ways upon crazy interactions that I have had with people (friends and otherwise) thinking that my inability to walk could be cured easily. but if you do not want her to be portrayed as concerned in such a way, then I would fully understand.

@Legate of Mineta: I have already suggested that in Y2 and future years, any feature that expands a subskill's maximum should also inform about that subskill; such would make in-game and in-universe sense. But I want to note three occasions where importing character into Y2 should have their subskill maximums increased even if they did not have their subskill maximums increased during Y1.

1. All PCs with the Prodigy: Incantation background should have their theory of incantation subskill maximum increased by 1.

2. All PCs with the Applications of Arithmetic subskill raised to 11 but the maximum in accounting subskill at 10 at the end of Y1 should receive a +1 to their maximum accounting subskill.

3. All PCs who received Merit Prize XVIII (granting a + 1 to glamour methods maximum) should receive a +1 to their maximum glamour methods subskill if their glamour methods maximum at the end of Y1 is 10.

I hope that these three adjustments are not too complicated to implement in the Y2 importation engine.

@Legate of Mineta: Would it be possible to have some type of feature to list how many spells and phemes a player character has, possibly with an additional function to show only phemes/spells associated with a given pillar of magic? I ask because I am quite curious about how many phemes and spells some of my characters have, but I am too intimidated by the prospect of counting them manually.

@Legate of Mineta: Are there any plans for any content at all for PCs who decide to study Gates Magic entirely on their own, without any recourse to the Schohanwicht School? I ask because I have an idea for a single-scene adventure, set during the summer before Y2, that would, even if not making such a path of progress easier, add some color (and interesting characters - gates mages - whom other people would be welcome to use in Gates Magic related content).

7 hours ago, Rhialto said:

@Legate of Mineta: Are love triangles planned involving specific characters in Y3 or later games? Because Aymeri and Lambert already have a brief love triangle with Olivia Solari, and I can think of other pairs of characters who would make interesting participants in such a triangle.

Are the triplets one of those love triangles or you see them more as siblings?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yurisama said:

Are the triplets one of those love triangles or you see them more as siblings?

I personally suspect that they are siblings in some sense (emotionally, at least). That having been said, I could imagine the following love triangle involving Sima Venesico: PC, Lambert Cobo, Sima Venesico - because all three love exploring forbidden places and (depending upon the player's choice) working with forbidden magic, Sima explores with Lambert and (depending upon the player's choice) the PC, and Sima is very attractive.

Another love triangle that I could see developing would be between Emilia Strolin, Tabin Furenzti, and the PC, because Tabin and Emilia are ruthlessly manipulative geniuses whom I could think of as getting very well along together. A PC could be of either sex in this triangle.

But the love triangles that I was thinking about when I wrote that comment did not involve the Triplets at all. Rather, 1 was Miya Hikari, Louise Kandinski, and a female PC, and the other was Eliana Carosi, Beatrix von Wetgen, and a Male PC (because Eliana and Beatrix are so similar in their interests but are so completely different in their personalities that I imagine that they would both be very attracted to a male PC willing to date one and very eager to argue with each other about which one is better suited for the PC).

@Legate of Mineta: Would it be permissible for me to write a scenario in which the PC would tell a marginalized criminal about eir deal with Diavesque the Living? Said criminal would promise to keep it a secret and would be so marginal that his/her knowledge would have no impact on the story (unless the Team wants it to).

@Legate of Mineta

1. Would it be wrong for me to have a character speaking Korean in content for the game? The intent would be to reveal the character as far-travelling and exotic without descending into the major Sinopheric cliches (and my knowledge of Mongolian is too weak, lol)

2. Would the following ability be over-powered?

Correspond with Cinzia: + 1 skill step Confidence, Coordination, and Logistics

For reference, it would only be gettable in very rare circumstances during Y2 involving importing characters from Y1.

3. I really hope that this is not inappropriate to write, but I would be very sad if Y3 and later content between a dating PC and Cinzia involves neither submissive/dominant elements nor at least people assuming that the PC and Cinzia must be in such a relationship, given Cinzia's personality.

Rhi;

1) Probably there would be tweaks, but on the surface, no nothing wrong.

2) In general, as long as there is a logical reason for the power of an Ability, it's not a problem- Academagia is more a slice of life, and crunchy mechanical power is a goal amid many others. Your fellow Players may have some comments, though. :)

3) No comment. :)

• 3 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta: Are there any plans to have characters specializing in certain weapons in future years as part of a weapons duelling club or hobby? Because I have found a weapon that would be perfect, I think, for Tabin. The pata is a sword whose hilt is an internally padded metal gauntlet. This weapon, I think, suits Tabin: foreign, cautious, and dangerous student with a foreign, protective, and dangerous weapon. I have proposals for other characters' weapons if you are interested.

18 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

No comment, but I'd say that the Team would welcome any/all proposals.

Here are some, then:

Sima Venesico: tessen (fan with blade hidden in one of its leading slats - all slats made of steel/iron)

Emilia Strolin: Pen-knife -  similar to what is seen here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballpoint_pen_knife#/media/File:Ballpen_knife.jpg

Prudence Cossins: Quarterstaff

Phillippe Marchant: caestus (a leather/metal glove with blades upon it)

Aaran Ledale: Sword-cane

If you want my reasoning about why these weapons are appropriate for these characters, feel free to ask me.