Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Funnily enough I'm currently working on (and failing to finish) an adventure involving Isabeau helping her mentor find said mentor's missing father.

Spoiler

It goes off the rails spectacularly, albeit not in a terrible way. As things are currently planned will end with Isabeau getting a memento from her mentor to remind her of the whole ordeal, in case she ever feels like finding her own father so that she'll have something to remind her that such searches can end up very differently from how one expects them to end.

On 5/2/2022 at 1:55 AM, Rhialto said:

Yes; nothing interactive, you understand - just references to people playing such games (with perhaps an option to gain skills for a character by having the cvharacter play them). Can you now answer?

Maybe call it AM & M as in Advanced Mages and Monsters ;)

Edit: Ups this name is already taken so never mind :(

• 2 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta: Would it be possible for me to have, as an artifact used by a character in an adventure (and not as something which the PC can ever acquire or even use), an amulet to detect and protect its wearer from mindreading and mastery magic? Or would such a thing be inconsistent with the setting or over-powered in all but [redacted] contexts?

Rhi;

As an 'artifact' that would be fine. It would be highly notable in the sense that the enchantments needed to do this must certainly be powerful and long-lasting. Depending on its notoriety, it may have already been 'solved' in the sense of how it protects the wearer, which would render its protections somewhat porous.

But it's not out of the boundaries of possibility, no.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

S;

I assume he meant through the mail. Clubs are an activity at a location you go to; nothing really to do with the mail.

That is correct. I was thinking this because characters in Y1 are already able to purchase things through catalogues to be mailed to them.

items can start adventures, right? and adventures can be set to be autostart the next step 7 day later, right?

If so put a Vol 1 of a book serial into a shop and once you have read this book you can start a adventure where you can subscribe for the book series and then send the next book of this serial every 7 day.

The main problem of this way could be that the autostarted adventure steps cost time

Edit: I think it would be great if the calendar show club activities, time delayed adventures and birthday parties at last some day ahead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Legate of MinetaAs a suggestion about Sima Venesico, forbidden magic, and foreign-looking practitioners of forbidden magic, consider the following. A PC with knowledge about Sima Vensico's interest in forbidden magic (such as through her Y1 adventure) could, upon meeting foreign-looking practitioners of forbidden magic in friendly circumstances, have the option to ask them whether they know Sima Venesico, a Hedi Student with an interest in forbidden magic, only for them to say something along the lines of "Any intelligent person with such interests learns to keep whom she knows with similar interests hidden from other people. So I will not reveal such information to you." I hope that this is a suitably vague and interesting answer which would allow many encounters and adventures to be more reactive to players' choices.

If you ever change 1st year again, I suggest adding a new exit for Tutorial Adventure 18.

Wait, loud noises are their weakness? Don't you have an Enchanted Horn with you that even can damage walls?
Let's try its effect on the mantis! You just blow the horn as loud as you can and the Mantis that survived the blast are running away.

[Existence]Prerequisite, Existence/Memory/Bugs Are Afraid of Noises=[Existence]Prerequisite, Existence/Character/Self
and
Selection of Item, Rare, Enchanted Horn