Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Although I do prefer those lovely art to be coherent by the same artist, so I guess that can't be helped. But Beethoven just get my blood boiling~ :)

Somehow the harry potter music gave me the chill when I play it along with the game....maybe it's more suitable for a dark/evil setting or subtle atmosphere. :)

Edit: Oh well, is up to the mod team to sneak in the stuffs. B)

When will we get the Attributes the Skills are based added to the Skill Description at the Schoolselection from the Char generation? (I know its already suggested so I ask here when it will come ^^)

Sugestion about a Event (I write it here because my English is to bad to full write it out)

Normal Rimbal Game and your Team have a bet of 20 pims per person set and the Team sould be some Friends

Rimbal Plays result in either loose the 20 pims and +1 Stress or win 20 pims and +1 Skill in Rimbal tactics

Rimbal Postions result in 20 pims +1 with a Team Member or loose 20 pims and -1 with a Team Member

Rimbal Tactics give Bonus to Rimbal Playes and Rimbal Positions

Endurance lead to a draw game with +1 with a Opponent Player or -1 Vitality

Persuation (Default) You dont whant to play failure -1 with the Person who aranged the Game , Success 5 pims, - 1 Stress because you convinced a good replacement for you and the Team wone.

One or 2 Magical Option for Cheating (Higher Difficulty as the Rimbal Options)

Like Swarm of Bees where failure get you a reprimand and success gives you a 25% Success Chance Bonus (Requirement Gates Spells 2 and roll on INT/Gates like the spell)

Schwarzbart;

That suggestion is on the list, but I can't say when we'll look at it. Those selection boxes are already small, as you know, and we'd like to find a better way for you to view information there before we begin adding new detail.

For the Event- post this over in the Writer's Corner! Perhaps someone will take up the challenge...? :)

Thanks!

Although I do prefer those lovely art to be coherent by the same artist, so I guess that can't be helped. But Beethoven just get my blood boiling~ :)

Somehow the harry potter music gave me the chill when I play it along with the game....maybe it's more suitable for a dark/evil setting or subtle atmosphere. :)

Edit: Oh well, is up to the mod team to sneak in the stuffs. B)

Beethoven is certainly one of the greats, but what about Bach? Holst? Ravel? Heh. True story, we were listening to Holst's "The Planets" and one of my friends says "Wow! Can I borrow this for my Star Wars game?" I said "Why not? John Williams did."

Speaking of whom, there is some good music there too, but of course it's not public domain yet and won't be for a long time. Lessee... Shostakovitch is a personal favorite and you can't beat Greig (In the Hall of the Mountain King) for creepy magic music along with the classic "Night on Bald Mountain" by Mussorgsky.

Err... Where am I going with this? No idea, except to say the music loops could be longer, and having themantic music occuring for some events would be very cool. For example if whenever you study Gates or visit Eunecias place the music was creeping along in a minor key it would add the the feeling that perhaps this isn't a great idea familly legacy or not.

When I click on a sub skill I have to scroll down to the bottom to see what is the linked stats. Couldn't be the stats be shown between brackets after the subskill ?

Something like :

Incantation Spells (Finesse).

It would help me save a lot of time (when I want to know which stat I need to boost for a fast learning)

One more thing : My vitality was at 2 and I didn't know that. Stress, vitality, concealment and encumbrance should absolutly be visible on the main frame. If the stats could also be it would be really helpfull. Too many times have I to click on attributes to know what is my stat, then come back to the subskill list to know what is the stats linked)

Or maybe something even better ! The stat AND the value.

Incantation spells (Finesse 2) (but the vitality, stress and concealment should be visible, that's really hurting me all that go there, go back, go there, go back, etc.)

Vieux Chat;

It's been requested to move up the Attribute- I think we will handle it like Parent Skill and make it a link.

It's a great suggestion to always display Vitality, Stress, etc. I don't think we will be able to implement this in Year 1, but Year 2 will have a stat tracker of some kind.

Thanks!

While I'm suggesting things (I think someone already brought this up but...) how about some way to have some idea of what a merchant sells other than by memorizing their description when you discover them? There is no pop-up and they aren't in lore or locations. Going shopping amounts to relevence roulette.

Oh yeah, I'm still having issues with useless books, btw. Even after identifying them they still don't show up as a study or read action, ability or item.

Continuing in the vein of improving the right-hand window, it would be nice if skill descriptions included the current level of the skill. Sometimes when I am looking at the end-of-day results I'd rather not hunt down the skill in the left-hand menu just to make sure it's the level I think it is. It's a lot easier than it used to be, since the parent skill is listed, but it could be made better still.

Similarly, it's kind of unintuitive that stress and vitality maximums are not listed in their right-hand window descriptions but are rather only available through mouseover. In fact, reporting current level should be a functionality for every value with a right-hand window description, if possible, including parent skills and attributes. While the left-hand menu is very good for presenting large quantities of information in an organized way, the right-hand menu should be able to stand alone in functionality for small quantities of information rather than requiring frequent cross-referencing with the left-hand menu. Also, parent skills cannot be expanded themselves, so why do they have a "0 of 1" skill steps indicator at all times? This could be confusing at first to a new player, though I never personally had issues with it.

The difficulty level of a spell should always be plainly spelled out in a field marked Difficulty Level, so that the effects of the addition of phemes (which all state their difficulty level, even though spells don't) can be made more plain. As it stands, the way in which additional phemes add to the difficulty of casting a spell is very unintuitive. Do they use the same roll as the parent spell, but just cause the required value to be higher? Because honestly, adding a pheme I get from (say) Religion to a Geometry-based spell and having that pheme use your Geometry skill does not immediately make very much sense. This needs additional documentation, as it is a basic gameplay element, not something that is fun to discover through trial and error.

Jazerus;

Thanks for the suggestions! Each of these have been requested by other Academagians, and we are looking at various ways to improve the reporting. Almost certainly we will put the Level into the Skill Description (as well as the respective Lores for Stress, Vitality and the Attributes.) It's definitely a good idea for Parent Skills not to have any Skill Step indicator at all.

For Difficulty, we plan to have color-coding occur for Actions, Abilities and Spells- I don't think we'll use actual numbers, although that may change. In regards to the question- Pheme Difficulty is added to the Spell's base Roll, and does not get a separate Roll on its own.

Thanks again!

Speaking of feedback, could we get a message when we lose an emotional state as well as when we gain one? I know I've spent extra actions trying to chase away negative states that were already gone, or flubbed rolls because I thought I had a positive modifier I'd lost.

I noticed that the Phemes are not in alphabetical order anymore. I am unsure what caused the change but I much prefered the easy-to-look-up Pheme list rather than the... perhaps intuitive(?) or... something list that it is currently.

Perhaps make a search option and/or that you could swich which view (alphabetical or not) you want... I imagine the search option might be handy for the next few years at the very least. I got a truck load of Phemes and I only just finished the first year ;)

This is a suggestion of my fantasy-boggled mind ;) , since I do not get used to the minimal importance of moving items to a location, why not make it more significant to special-event seeker or item enthusiasts! Heres my point, why not create a game mechanic of putting up special runes/items to certain location/s and it will trigger something i.e like your character having very-special-super-unique rare item(like laser guns, joke!! hehe), super-very-cosmic-special trainings(like training with the ghost of former academagian leaders), or a single event with the same level as a full adventure itself!! why not do this!!! wahahaha :(

*Put item at certain location to stack effect/trigger unlock*

Oh that's a nice idea, like if I put a meat at academia entrance, it will unlock the dog event. Or if I put relaxation incense at Academia hall, then every time I use a action with the location of Academia hall will also include the effect of -1 stress from the incense. (Incense last for 2 two days)