Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Here is an idea:

Independent Study

For those true book works or just so happened to get a 10 in a course Skill. Allow the player to go to Independent Study to get the Study for the Skill for a modest fee for the year for the extra class resources, testing, and access. Only one point per study and the associated influence with the teachers. Have a Request Final option later and some merits/glory waiting for the enthusiastic [nerd] student if he scores >100.

It maybe simpler for a student to test out early of one class and allow him/her to start another course. Probably simpler to program. School may wat to do this to help reduce their better students from skipping class. Or replace the class with research/helping the teacher. So many options.

• 2 weeks later...

The list of action and ability is getting ridiculously long near the end game especially for those who use exploration a lot and if all these pass on to next year and it keep stacking it up like that every year, it would become a horrible mess.

So I want to ask for a function for player to remove a skill/ability from the list put them in a dumpster stat box or a new menu tag that hold them there. If that's not possible, I would rather you make an ability that delete those skill while reminding the system I already learned that.

Not exactly a huge problem in year one, but it will be in year two.

A suggestion for the team! Release an optional mod which alters the difficulty of the adventure-paths when used, and nothing else.

I'd do this myself but I haven't been able to make the modtools work. They don't seem to cause problems for you, though...

Suggestion: Change Sacrifice Clique member to something more...interactive. It doesn't really make sense that using a clique member would automatically help you get past a certain part of the adventure - instead maybe you can choose to have the clique member perform a roll for you, or cast a spell for you, etc. Or maybe you can choose 2-3 clique members to take with you on an adventure and they automatically provide bonuses to your rolls on certain skills.

Gunslinger;

I personally like this idea, but for Year 1 (because the aspect of the game which allows you to modify Student Behavior was dropped), we felt that this would be less helpful to social characters. You'll see a similar kind of system return in Year 2, though. :)

Thanks!

I personally think this wouldn't hurt social characters at all. In my current game, my character is holding steady at 12 clique members - all those clique ability bonuses add up :) . Personally, I've chosen to not use sacrifice clique member for any adventure - I'd rather find some way to get past tough spots using a combination of spells & my familiar. Good to hear that the system will be re-implemented in Year 2.

The list of action and ability is getting ridiculously long near the end game especially for those who use exploration a lot and if all these pass on to next year and it keep stacking it up like that every year, it would become a horrible mess.

So I want to ask for a function for player to remove a skill/ability from the list put them in a dumpster stat box or a new menu tag that hold them there. If that's not possible, I would rather you make an ability that delete those skill while reminding the system I already learned that.

Not exactly a huge problem in year one, but it will be in year two.

This made me think of something good, though somewhat unrelated:

What about creating some "clique actions", ie. you take your entire clique into the city to watch the circus - bonuses apply to everyone in your clique.

What about creating some "clique actions", ie. you take your entire clique into the city to watch the circus - bonuses apply to everyone in your clique.

I think it would be easier if we make a "Invite Clique" action that force bring everyone to one of your ability like job/library/location and the system run a roll against their AI preference/relationship to see if they will accept or reject and everyone who come with you will gain whatever stat that place have to offer and also one relationship point if they gain three stats that they like or make more than 100 pims in a job. Once a month only, of course.

I think it would be easier if we make a "Invite Clique" action that force bring everyone to one of your ability like job/library/location and the system run a roll against their AI preference/relationship to see if they will accept or reject and everyone who come with you will gain whatever stat that place have to offer and also one relationship point if they gain three stats that they like or make more than 100 pims in a job. Once a month of course.

Hilarious. And I like.

Legate:

Oooo, can't wait to see!

I've been enjoying this game a great deal more than any I've played in some time, however, that said, I think it would greatly help new users to have more of a hint when choosing action responses to random events, knowing where subskills are, and if you're any good at them, is a rather difficult thing to get a hold of, possibly displaying the current value of the subskill beside response choices, or else displaying which skill category it falls under.

In addition, this might be too difficult this late in development, but with the sometimes quite long lists, a nice fully functional scrollbar would make navigating the information displayed much easier.

Keep up the good work guys, I am really enjoying the game :}`

I've been enjoying this game a great deal more than any I've played in some time, however, that said, I think it would greatly help new users to have more of a hint when choosing action responses to random events,

Did you apply the latest patch, the choices should had color coded so you know which one will have better chance.