Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

The Cart-Runner Adventure, involving Phillipe and Competition (Morjerks only!)- could we get a Character Study or some other form of Investigation option there that if successful would give a really big hint that Phillipe wants to hear yes? If you say no, it's boom, adventure over with no chance of repeating, but from the way he asks, it's hard to tell if he's looking for a victim to push down the hill in a cart (and thus wants a no) or if he does want someone with experience (and thus yes).

Random Event Foraging 14 To tell the truth I doubt I would help to recover the arrow for someone who nearly hit me with this arrow. The best thing he could expect from me is that I yell at him and then point to where the arrow is bevore leaving.

Random Event Tavern 10 why didn't the Class Exit need the Investigation "wand ready" like the Revision Exit?

I mostly ask this because on my search through the mod tools and putting info up in the wiki.. I found that the Historical Record Pheme, which is one of the requirements of the much covetted Puppet Master Spell, seems only to be gained through either one of those backgrounds, or at random.

This makes me wonder if there have been any other cuts that should open special skills, spells, etc. that are now no longer available. And why you have chosen to do so. Has it been game balance issues? Time restraints?

And could some of those be put back in, if game balance was not the issue?

When I was Playing the Caelum in Dominion 3 yesterday I came up with a "new" idea.

How about some Humans haved to give them self the ability to fly to (bether?) survive?

To not have to cast some fly spell over and over again they changed them self to have wings and now there is a small village where all people have wings.

When I was Playing the Caelum in Dominion 3 yesterday I came up with a "new" idea.

How about some Humans haved to give them self the ability to fly to (bether?) survive?

To not have to cast some fly spell over and over again they changed them self to have wings and now there is a small village where all people have wings.

This would work as a background pick, like the other Heritage choices:

+3 Climb (Who needs to climb when you can just fly?)

+2 Birds (Spending a lot of time flying around with them makes you understand them a bit easier)

+1 Infiltration (Even the professors sometimes forget to look up to see if a student is hiding around)

If it's not a Heritage choice, maybe have a +2 to the parent explore skill (since it's easier to get around) and a -1% chance of discovery?

This would work as a background pick, like the other Heritage choices:

+3 Climb (Who needs to climb when you can just fly?)

+2 Birds (Spending a lot of time flying around with them makes you understand them a bit easier)

+1 Infiltration (Even the professors sometimes forget to look up to see if a student is hiding around)

If it's not a Heritage choice, maybe have a +2 to the parent explore skill (since it's easier to get around) and a -1% chance of discovery?

I doubt its so easy because there places i.e. in adventures where you can easy skip any climb roll if you can fly but on the other hand as soon it goes undergorund your wings can bevome a burden and you actual have to make climb checks.

Also some small cave entrances like in The Mushroom Adventure could complet prefent the char from going there.

Due to your answer in the questions forum, could there maybe be a slight rewarding of the description of Bassan: 'Though it's not commonly spoken in Mineta, the peoples of Oursouk and Saisyne (to the south) rely on the tongue of Bassan.' If Saisyne is basically Oursock (or at least the major part of it), it feels a bit confusing to have it listed separately.

...As for winged figures, it would be fun to meet them in game, but I think it would be too challenging to actually have our character be one.

(Dang it, you guys are reading my mind. :( Part of one of the new kids I'm making adventure is their quest to somehow magically grow wings (I don't think I'm spoiling all too much if I say they're not at all successful). :P)

I doubt its so easy because there places i.e. in adventures where you can easy skip any climb roll if you can fly but on the other hand as soon it goes undergorund your wings can bevome a burden and you actual have to make climb checks.

Also some small cave entrances like in The Mushroom Adventure could complet prefent the char from going there.

That was just a first guess at what it could be. It sounded like if the winged people were from a specific region, then it would make the most sense as a Heritage pick.

Maybe a bonus to Move Silently instead of Climb? You can use your wings to hover over the ground, so there's no noise from your footsteps to alert the people you're trying to sneak around?

Flapping wings do make sound and move quite a lot of air. Unless you have a lot of space and some updrafts, you are not going to be as silent as you would like. But it would help with exploration, being able to cover bigger distances in shorter times.

And flyers also often have sharper eyes.