Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

better way...like instantly? :)

Yes, an instant free action instead of 1/4 of a day would be nice... unless it's a paralyzing caramel. :rolleyes:

Mmmm, caramel chews. :)

My mouth spew words of friendship and glory when I chew caramel.

And while we're at spelling, I noticed obsidian is still misspelled on the description of the stone of revision.

Evidence of misspelling b7i4d4.jpg

Evidence of correct spelling http://www.thefreedictionary.com/obsidian

You're welcome. :)

So I was playing a new game with a completely new character with different skills finally, and am really impressed. I came across a random event, though, for the cat familiar where it gets really hurt. Anyway, after failing a revision healing exit, my char looked for someone to heal it and found "?"

I assume it's a bug in the script. I was unable to reproduce the event, but saved a screenshot.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2lk8x2e.jpg

I'm not sure if this hasn't already been covered, but can we see some sort of events/adventure chains where the actions of your previous adventures come up in a 'self-evaluating' or 'identity crisis' way. Wait I'll set out a rough example, it'll better convey what I'm talking about:

E.g. If you're a Durand student, in one of the adventures you help recover blackhorse at the impressionable age of 12-ish from the Pregorians. What if that event skews your perception of the Pregorians that you begin to, subtly/unconsciously, not trust them or think of them as the 'villain' and some time later you find yourself doing something bad to a Pregorian and later in the day you start thinking: Just why the hell did I do that?

What about adding in a "finger trap" which could be used against other students, who must then pass an insight/puzzles roll less they lose several points in charm and intimidate, seeing as how they can't be taken too seriously with two index fingers stuck in a device?

I admit it, it's just another idea to annoy Phillipe with. He's getting to the point where I'm beginning to love to hate him.. :)

It would be great if each College become its own speciality in the later years where player from other College realy have to work on it if they whant to have it also.

(Like having some other skills high enough or even as class skill and then start a adventure to find a way to learn it.)

But complet College exclusive skills/abilitys are kind of bad in my opinion.

I.e.

I love the idea discused a long time ago that Morvidus Student can learn how to have multiple Familiars but Students of other Colleges sould be able to learn this also if they put enough efford into it.

Something like having the right Morvidus Student as Friend then find a way to convince him/her that it wouldn't hurt if you learn this also but because you learn it second hand from someone who didn't full understand it now it takes much more time (train multiplicator of 2-3).

I'm kinda mixed on that. I like the idea of skills unique to the colleges, so long as they're not *too* unique. Ideally I think the best way to handle it is probably to allow people from other colleges to learn the special skills if they REALLY want it, but maybe make it extremely hard to learn, and prevent all but the actual college students from truely mastering the skill, whatever it is. Since we don't know much about the college skills overall it's really hard to say one way or another... But whatever works. :) I don't think I'm particularly interested in Aranaz for the skills, so much as the environment. As long as the fixed college classes don't take the majority of my learning potential, I'm happy. (That was one of the reasons I chose Aranaz in the first place. History is a nice "social studies" skill, which I like, and Calligraphy, well, at least seems a better fit to me than music, athletics, or dialectic. Here's hoping for more of the same!)