Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

2) is probably because one of the actions you did on the first day not because of the item.

3 III) You General skip 3 Classes and the Prof. who cought you doing so (Not necarity a class Prof.) will give you the detention sessions.

IV) You just have to increase your Skills listet as his/her detention skills , I dont think thats to hard. And High relationship helps you that they turn a blind eye on future bad actions to my knowledge.

V) As mentioned above sometimes you get chought but don't get detention because the Teacher turn a blind eye on it but in general acording to the Rules of the Academagia there is just detention or in chase you break the rules many times Hall sesions and in the worst chase you would be forced to permanent leave the Acadamgaia , at last for the First years this is the case.

4) Yes for later years (for Relationship beyond 10), right now even the girls are still to young for this.

Xardas;

For your questions:

1. When creating our character, I think it would be fairest to have the option to customize them however we see fit. Mainly, what I'm talking about is the option to select the portrait from a satisfactory large gallery. It's so frustrating to choose only between 2 portraits! I found myself in the situation where I prefer one college, but I'd rather choose the portrait available only in other. Not to mention the scarcity of the gallery - more portraits are needed.

Other Academagians have made similar requests- one thing we may do is allow all the Player Portraits in the game to be chosen from, rather than restricting them to the individual Colleges. That should give a greater amount of diversity in the artwork available.

2. Another frustrating fact that happened to me: created a new char, chose one background where you get a special object, which got me a weapon what had a conceive value of 3, and I got reprimanded for trespassing from the first day of school! Lots of Detentions followed, it was that frustrating that I really had to create a new char and start over.

We've seen this happen as a result of bad luck. I can't say for certain that we will alter the mechanics here, but we do plan to provide more extensive reporting, to help Players avoid this kind of situation. ;)

I) First of all, mentioned, Detentions come too easily, especially after a first time mistake.

Mostly we disagree; Detentions are fairly easily avoided, and if you aim to misbehave, sometimes you'll pay the price. However, we do agree (as above) that more reporting is much needed. ;)

II) Second, the student knows nothing about what the Detention will look like until they get past it! They should have the right to know everything: what act exactly caused the Detention, what kind of penalty will they undergo, what teacher will supervise etc. That way, the student will be better prepared.

We agree. :)

III) Third, Detention should differ in accordance to the broken rule, and they should provide constructive penalty. For example, if I skipped Astronomy class, my Detention should focus on Astronomy study. If I messed the plants in the garden, my Detention should deal with gardening and care for plants. Goes without saying, the corresponding skills will increase just as a normal 'Train' that skill would do...

This is a great idea, although somewhat dependent on who is giving you the Detention. Some Professors may not be, ah, constructive. Overall, though, really a good idea. I can't say it will be in Y2, though, as this is a more advanced system.

IV) Fourth, increasing one's relation with the Detention teacher, should at least lower Detention sessions, if not cease them completely.

Somewhat agree here. At the very least, you should probably have more freedom in your Detention. ;)

V) Fifth, not any act of being caught in a 'rule-breaking' should conclude in a Detention. What about such a scenario: Professor X catches student Y in a forbidden library (an area example). Normally, professor X would take standard legal action and bring the act to the knowledge of the teaching staff. But, suppose professor X has his/her own agenda, they have a good relation with student Y (matter of trust) and would like to search that library for a certain book, however he/she (the teacher) doesn't have the time for that. They (professor X) could 'strike a deal' (hehe) with student Y: the student is allowed to explore as long as they search for the book/s the professor wants, thus saving the teacher's time, too. The situation could even repeat a few times, with other books being needed, more skills being tested etc.

We'd absolutely love to have something like this in the game, it would really add depth for Characters that want to scheme and politic. On the other hand, it's much more complex, both in terms of Systems, AI and UI. I can't say we'll get here in Y2, but in the future? We'd love to.

4. About romances (not into the 'if not mandatory' zone ), I was just thinking... are there any possibilities of 'student romancing teacher' being considered? (XD - mischievous grin...)

As Schwarzbart notes, yep. :)

Thank you. It is good to know the devs care for the players, and that we'll have more portraits available and more gameplay options.

I've rummaged this forum a bit and saw some discussion concerning the musical theme. I think Passacalle by Luigi Bocherinni is the best and most suited for this game's idea, for its atmosphere...

I never heard the song before Academagia, and it was the song itself that particularly caught my attention. When I started to create my first character, listening to those bewitching chords... I already started having images of myself as a kid on the corridors of a Hogwarts similar decor, the emotion of the new world, far from home, of the upcoming first classes... combined with a freshness of the mysterious nature in the surroundings... can't really totally describe it...

Guess whenever I'll listen to Pasacalle from now on my thoughts will fly towards my first days at school in Academagia. Please keep this song as at least an optional, selectable, main theme for all years.

I also saw a discussion about the release cycle of the games. Will it take that many years to wait for releases until year 5? I mean, let's hope not, but some of us may not even live to see the graduation day... :)

Also, is there any known estimation for the year 2 release?

Thanks again, and wish you well.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure this is in time to be implemented in year two, but maybe onward:

Skip the exam in a class like 'enchant' and instead replace it with an adventure. Your exam is a project which you must complete before the end of the year.

Make a brook that can clean your room every third day.

Make a diary that bites people who try to open it without permission.

Make a piano that plays outdated songs as soon as people enters the room.

and so on.

Grading it on difficulty and execution. The higher the grade the longer the adventure (and the more difficult!). Not sure if this is really easy to implement, but it would be good fun I think :)

Like a doctoral thesis? That sounds like a great Idea.

Maybe allow Students who have already suffience skill to work on such a thing during the "class" time instead of force them to do a exam at the mid/endgame?

But in General I think the Exam should be more then just 2 time slot per Class in a year.

We probably get the posibility to rent a room during the summer break but how about we can rent a room for the complet year (or even buy it)?

So we get some kind of housing where we can store things that we don't whant to get cought at the Academagia or at home or even use them to build up or own crafting room.

I already expected that the player have to stay at the Academagia in the night when class starts again but I wondered if one couldn't keep the place (s)he rent for the break as storage place. The alternative would be that the player have to make sure he have cleaned out every thing stored in his summer place when school starts again.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. (and wow you still look from time to time into the suggestion thread thought it got forgoten)

Then I put here my Suggestion I send per PM also.

One of the vew things I realy hope that still can make it into year 1 is that the game have more students and beside some core students that are needed for special quests (i.e the main quest) the students a chosen at random at each game start.

Yeah, voices open up a whole can of worms. Interesting, though, for sure. :)

Very large can. Considering the amount of text, characters, and how bad voices are worse than none.

What I would like to see in Year 2 is a little more variety in item graphics. It seems nearly 90% of items are green sacks, disembodied hands, clothes and sword. Or do away with icons and just present us with a nice big list instead so we can tell what we have on a glance.;)

Familiar suggestion: Wolf. (Preferably white, but I am open to grey if I have to!)

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but even so it should be mentioned again. Having Ferret, cat and fox (at least mentioned) all that is needed is wolf. The only canine I find enchanting. (That said I am not sure I'd want to meet a large pack in the dark - just saying)