Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Schwarzart;

Brilliant idea! It's a little difficult, sadly. :)

BP;

Good question- given the setting, I imagine that he would not eat meat, but would eat animal products, such as milk and cheese.

Well, on the other hand... If the player wants to be all chummy-chummy with Oriabel at the expense of Pamela...

An ability/action specifically for the player if Pamela's present?

Or add a AI-exclusive action of befriending the Player with the prerequisite that Pamela exists? Kind of like Stress Zoe! for Oriabel, except friendlier.

I read trough the first steps of the Familiar Bond Turtle Adventure and it sounds like the steps 0-3 should be done in a single time slot at last for the good path. (the difficulty are reasonable enough for this also)

Oh btw. the first time I got the Turtle as familiar ^^ . Sadly the other Turtle adventure apears to have 12 steps where each step needs a seperat call, together with the time needed to train my turtle for it I doubt I will start it.

Familiars as repositories of memory: I think that skill leaking should occur, but that familiars should 'catch' what leaks. Every day there should be a tiny chance (I'd suggest a static per-skill chance) that you'll lose a skill level. Whenever you lose a skill level, your familiar 'catches' the skill. Once a familiar has maximized a skill, you will no longer leak that skill.

If you ignore a skill for too long, you'll forget it, but your familiar will still remember. Familiar skills work as your own skills at half-strength, right? This would make empowering the familiar feel more natural and it would lead to a familiar gradually coming to resemble their master.

I would actually suggest that the skill leaking rate should be based on the familiar. Familiars associated with brilliance like owls, fish, and ghosts should cause skill leakage to happen more quickly. Familiars better associated with companionship like ferrets and dogs should cause skill leakage to happen more slowly. Other familiars should operate at an intermediate level. Brilliant familiars support their masters' skills by providing direct support, which doesn't pay off for masters who aren't very studious. Companionable familiars support their masters' skills by having a less draining Bond link, but if the master doesn't invest in directly training the familiar they won't get much skill support. And inevitably, most wizards will definitely feel that they got the best tradeoff.

P.S. If you're wondering why the fish would be associated with brilliance, it's because a fish familiar would have a lot of time to think, and an unusual perspective to offer. Fish may not be associated with brilliance in the real world, but I think that at least as familiars, they would be associated with brilliance in Academagia.

P.P.S. If Pamela doesn't seem very brilliant, think of it like this: She used to be an Academagia student. She may not seem very brilliant NOW, but obviously being a ghost has hurt her memories quite a lot. She can get that back if you help her. She's not just an animal, so obviously, she should still be able to learn well. (And also, having her get into your notes, studying them interestedly and then losing them seems just like her style.)

Can we get a new Prof. for Brew Class in year 2 with the mention that last year there was no Brew Class because no Professor was found on time to take over this topic?

I'd rather it be established as canonical that First Year Students are just not supposed to take Potion-making so seriously... But then, as I get better with the modbase, it gets increasingly practical to just edit the files to make changes I really want.

There's potion making two or three times in Enchant class, though, and Emilia's story and background are based upon potions (as well as Camille who I am spelling wrong)... and potion making for the nurses is one of the first part time jobs a student can do. I think students are expected to do potions if they like, but it's simply just not a class for year one.

I realy hope next year we have a much bether shoping system because even just checking the aviable Mercant Shops for something usefull get into a reload marathon because there is no good way to check out what they have otherwise.

(I.e. you not even get the shop decription displayed when you select the merchant in shop)

I realy hope we get for year 2 at last 3 level (bether even more) over max worked out because my current char already have class SS with 12 skillmax.

(I think I already have request this some time in the past but bether be sure ;) )

Or maybe we will learn new support skills for different skills..

Imaginary focus for spell casting or technical experitice for engineering or... new skills to add new levels of skills and knowledge on the current ones... maybe access to part of the libaries that are offlimits to first year students.. For their own safety.

Maybe further mathematical and geometry skills that add to spell casting and enginering, chemistry.. Alchemy?

There are so many different skills it's hard to put them all up there.. Economomy, Law, cooking... Anyway, I like the wide variety of skills that you can learn and the ability to pick up pretty much any skillset asside from your primary subjects.

Economy skilsl to improve your own personal financial situation, chemistry to make your own potions, or law to get other people into trouble with the law while you yourself becommes slippery as teflon to legal actions.

I liked the event where that peassant threw his dinner or whatever on the floor after gettign agravated at you little magical trick.. and dragged you to the guard. With enough Law skills you could just walk out of there.

However, seeing as how that peassant falsely accused me of something I hadn't done I would think I should have been able to sure him for slander and extortion.. Or something... Now that would have been entertaining.

Someone takes an action agaisnt you and you turn the tables on them , not just get yourself out of the mess but actualy put them up against the wall.

Like that Temple janitor or custodian or whatever he was, that had spilled paint on the ground and manged to cast a terribly executed uggly glamour.... Just to play detective and have soem fun accusing an innocent kid..

If your sluchting/dialectic skills were high enough you could uncover the truth that the janitor was the guilty party in this whole ugly affair... I liked that one.

Just imagine philipe or a bully trying to extort you... Then you start quoting laws and threaten to sue him/her and guard happens to walk by. They get to pay reparations and get community service :P (like a detention only worse)

Or maybe we will learn new support skills for different skills..

Imaginary focus for spell casting or technical experitice for engineering or... new skills to add new levels of skills and knowledge on the current ones... maybe access to part of the libaries that are offlimits to first year students.. For their own safety.

Maybe further mathematical and geometry skills that add to spell casting and enginering, chemistry.. Alchemy?

There are so many different skills it's hard to put them all up there.. Economomy, Law, cooking... Anyway, I like the wide variety of skills that you can learn and the ability to pick up pretty much any skillset asside from your primary subjects.

Economy skilsl to improve your own personal financial situation, chemistry to make your own potions, or law to get other people into trouble with the law while you yourself becommes slippery as teflon to legal actions.

I liked the event where that peassant threw his dinner or whatever on the floor after gettign agravated at you little magical trick.. and dragged you to the guard. With enough Law skills you could just walk out of there.

However, seeing as how that peassant falsely accused me of something I hadn't done I would think I should have been able to sure him for slander and extortion.. Or something... Now that would have been entertaining.

Someone takes an action agaisnt you and you turn the tables on them , not just get yourself out of the mess but actualy put them up against the wall.

Like that Temple janitor or custodian or whatever he was, that had spilled paint on the ground and manged to cast a terribly executed uggly glamour.... Just to play detective and have soem fun accusing an innocent kid..

If your sluchting/dialectic skills were high enough you could uncover the truth that the janitor was the guilty party in this whole ugly affair... I liked that one.

Just imagine philipe or a bully trying to extort you... Then you start quoting laws and threaten to sue him/her and guard happens to walk by. They get to pay reparations and get community service :P (like a detention only worse)

Or maybe professors really dislike students who get other students into legal problems since it hurts the schools reputation?

albert new Skills not help with the problem that Skills are not filled up to the numbers they even can get within in year 1.

Also we will end with the base skill at 15 or even 20 without skillmax increase in year 2 (The Legate was not 100% sure yesterday but he thinks we will end up with 20 in year 2)

albert new Skills not help with the problem that Skills are not filled up to the numbers they even can get within in year 1.

Also we will end with the base skill at 15 or even 20 without skillmax increase in year 2 (The Legate was not 100% sure yesterday but he thinks we will end up with 20 in year 2)

And I assume skills will get harder and harder to improve with more primary stats needed to avoid massive skill step requierments?

Singular focus was incredibly useful for getting skills up :)

How can the parrent skill or base skill get that much higher than the skill maximums? I know items like an abacus can increase the parrent skill aswell as spell buffs... But.. I don't know.. I'm not an expert at all those game mechanic things.

Ohwell... I'm looking forward to year 2 at any rate :)

I was able to put soem time into improving my familiar on at least one of my characters, the Improved familiar handling skill I picked up at the end of year one will be useful in year 2... Unless I'll be hopelessly weighted down by other things that has to be done... like not getting detention and thrown out of the school :P

I assume learned skills and abilities will stay from year 1. Aswell as a few new ones, maybe.

I liked the idea of picking up at least one skill for each character that wouldn't seem "wizardly" just to add a little bit of personalization to my characters.

And non school specialization like Law wizard, like a wizard lawyer :P

Accountant/bussiness minded Wizard;

Medical doctor wizard;

I got to heal some wounded animals and schoolmates and cure my own food poisoning..

I've always wondered, are events completely random or does having skills in a certain area increase the chance of an event occuring? I've assumed it's random with event's possibly being distributed for different seasons with a few event associated with special holidays.

albert Research at Researchtopic to 10 increases some skillmax as well as using Favor from a Prof you have a Relationship of 10. Also from the Merrit race you get increases in some Skillmax and there are some SS level that gives you a skillmax increase for a different SS.

albert Research at Researchtopic to 10 increases some skillmax as well as using Favor from a Prof you have a Relationship of 10. Also from the Merrit race you get increases in some Skillmax and there are some SS level that gives you a skillmax increase for a different SS.

I tried researching a few skills and got a few skill maximum gains and in some cases attribute increases.