Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Just a bit. :)

How about wizard who are almost sharing their mind with their familiar? Those with a very strong bond? Wouldn't it be possible to use that to shape 2 Phemes at the same time? To improve casting timers and to be able to cast more complex spells in less time? Cooperative casting? Might requier a lot of Coordination on top of the massive bond requierment, I guess the familiar would need to know what to do aswell.. The skill and knowledge of the phemes for the spell being cast.. Wouldn't that be possible?

I think I read that it woudl be possible to fizzle a spell by adding inappropriate phemes, Im guessing opposing phemes to one of the phemes used in a spell.

This also makes me think that knowledge of for example gates and gates phemes would allow you to stop an opposing wizards summoning by throwing in an opposing pheme into their spell...

It might be a very powerful gate wizard that's summoning a dragon but you recognize one of the phemes and sneak in an opposing pheme that fizzels the spell. That could be a fun addition to an adventure where there is an "evil" gates wizard that you or you and a professor has to fight..

As an alternative solution, though the professor might possibly start wondering how you knew how to do that... Might not be the best idea to do that while a professor is looking. Maybe it can be used to stop a gate wizard from casting a gate and teleporting away? Or maybe they don't need to cast phemes to teleport?

I think I was able to have my Familiar cast spells in one of my duels... I think.. I think I used that hand of destruction thing..

Or do I remember incorrectly? If my hawk cast spells, did it use a tiny wand/branch or it's beak? :P

I can immagine a Hawk or avian quest where the bird is out collecting fresh roost materials and find a tiny pranksters wand! You know, one of those that have been shortened and thinned down to be easily concealed. Or maybe it saw Rui depose if it in a bush to get rid of evidence...

Then depending on the Familiars skill it goes out there and starts playing around with the wand, for good or bad, or just fun I guess.. Or you get a terrible accident and you get called to the regent's office or the Legate and get told to teach your familiar some selfcontrol..

Also in the Hawks familiar quest it mentioned it would be nice with a friend, I bought falcon in the avian store, any chance that "pet" can become a friend for the familiar aswell? :P Im sure there are other pets for other familiars aswell :) Or maybe it can find a familiar friend..

We're getting a new Artificing window for Year 2 right? with items sortable by item slot or crafting skill.

IE hand, Cloak, coat.

Or

Forge, Brew, etz

?

Also it would be nice if the system allowed for a small bit of customization, not sure what, but, something so that there is something to play around with.

Also I've never managed to get Emboss or etching to work, not even on crafted high quality items, even though I had massive skill, and even if I cast spells that would increase my skills even further it still wouldn't work. Maybe it wasn't implemented in Year 1? Or maybe I havn't got the latest patch?

Will be able to use emboss to create wards or some kind of protection? or perhaps casting aid? Or will that requier a more advanced skill? Still the value increasing Emboss skill didn't seem to work for me :(

I don't think it was ever meant for speed (though if it was the case then someone really needs a good talking to!) but quality - now if all these suggestions has helped that.... maaaaaybe ;)

Quality ofcourse, but asside from that more ideas should make it easier to fill the game with content. Even though some input might result in a lot more work and be time consuming, however if that improves quality and makes it more enjoyable then that's great :)

Can we have a muffin familiar? Or a pie? Or any sort of food in general :wub: ?

Or a skeleton. We can have ghosts and shadow and creepy doll already!

Hmm and I thought that someone running around with a animated Skeleton would be very soon summoned to the court and would be questioned if (s)he used mastery.

But maybe we can get a quest at year 3-4 with Artifice Requirement where the player can finish and bind a golem that was left unifinished in a lab to become his(her) new familiar.

Can we have a muffin familiar? Or a pie? Or any sort of food in general :wub: ?

Or a skeleton. We can have ghosts and shadow and creepy doll already!

There is that enchanted muffin pet.... Not sure how good a familiar it woudl be though... no legs or anything.. Though the fish has got the same problem I guess..

There is also Freespace's pet rock familiar (WIP) ...

And also the shade, snake, muffler, carnivorous plant familiars.smile.gif

As for the skeleton familiar, I have one suggestion. Let Pamela take possession of anything. She can take control of another familiar to humiliate the owner. She can take control of anyone to spy on people. She can also possess animals to help you on your Zoology Observation Assignment.

Okay drifting a little towards mastery there.

As for the skeleton familiar, I have one suggestion. Let Pamela take possession of anything. She can take control of another familiar to humiliate the owner. She can take control of anyone to spy on people. She can also possess animals to help you on your Zoology Observation Assignment.

Sounds like someone is trying to get her exorcised ;)

Pudding;

We have seriously talked about a Muffin. I don't know that we'll create (bake?) one, but...;)

Albert;

For the most part, the design for Year 2 is complete, so most suggestions are given to the Content Team to see if they are able to incorporate them. We're very interested in quality here, but it is important to note that many suggestions won't be able to be incorporated in the next game, no matter how much we like them: time and resources guide the way here. :)

That said, there's always Year 3, so it's important to hear what suggestions there are, even if we can't get to them right away. Like Muffins, for instance. ;)

So my suggestion about the Quest for a Golem "Familiar" for year 3-4 is already at the right time ;).I don't think it should come earlyer as Golem crafting is a lost or forbiden art if I rember right.

Btw. I hope the buying of Familiar in year 2 have to be unlocked and is not by default because buying a specific Familiar is usualy bether then the lvl 11 Ability to get a random Exotic Familiar.

But its great to hear that the year 2 client is already advanced enough that you have to close the suggestion of new things.

Edit: Hopefull we even can see the release of Year 2 in the 1st quartal of 2013.

Pudding;

We have seriously talked about a Muffin. I don't know that we'll create (bake?) one, but...;)

Albert;

For the most part, the design for Year 2 is complete, so most suggestions are given to the Content Team to see if they are able to incorporate them. We're very interested in quality here, but it is important to note that many suggestions won't be able to be incorporated in the next game, no matter how much we like them: time and resources guide the way here. :)

That said, there's always Year 3, so it's important to hear what suggestions there are, even if we can't get to them right away. Like Muffins, for instance. ;)

Clockwork legs for the muffin? :P

Also im looking forward to year 2 :) It's an interesting and different game :)

We're working hard on it, but there's still writing, code and testing ahead of us, along with a lot of artwork. :)

Are you guys changing up the art style of the character portraits, or redrawing them to reflect the age difference?

(My brain is still in character art mode from drawing Hannah)