Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

About the student adventure thing, I must admit I am curios as to how the team is going to handle it.

Some students like Tabin is competent enough to do their adventure solo (or trick some other poor non pc student into helping them), but other students like for example Neso, I just can't see seeking out other than a really good friend to help and those students are usually the students with the AI that doesn't exactly help them gaining the high relationships, so I just can't see them getting the help they need, but I still want them to get the progress described if I did the adventure.

I am really curious as to how the team are going to handle it, but I have faith in the team (and am glad that I am not the one having to keep track of all the variables)

I'm suddenly reminded of the encounters with the dastardly black chicken.

My poor clothes! :( Anyway...

In later year duels, can we get a customizable "spellbook" which would be able to contain a list of the phemes required for (and optional ones on the side) your favorite 4-5 spells?

• 2 weeks later...

[Request] Option to change locations of folders

This is quite a necessary feature to have for certain group of players. We really NEED the ability to change the location of cache folder AND save folder to our specific location.

Cache folder seem to be pretty fixed, so the need to change it is so-so, more for optimization than for space. Older machine also need it.

Save folder is more critical: the starting save is 27MB but the save in the finals is 80MB. An expansion of 300%. The average player will keep at least 6 saves, if not more. And we need to change the save folder where we can spare the space.

Can you force the game engine use the folder in Temp folder of windows? We can change temp folder to another partition, so it's all good. Can you force the game engine to use the Games subfolder in My Document? We also can move that MD folder.

If this feature can be used in later DLC, all good. If not, it's a very big and necessary feature for Year 2.

I'll second laclongquan's request. My Primary drive is a 90GB SDD, mostly reserved for the OS and a few "high priority" and intense games. Everything else goes on to 1 of 4 "slower than average but cavernous" 2TB Drives. :) I don't care how much space a game takes so long as I can direct where that space is taken.

Well, that's good! No more having to reference the full noun to hide the lack of genderized pronouns!

(♪ 'Cuz sayin' all those nouns over and over can really wear you down! ♪)

When it commes to saves.. I got a massive amount of saves.. I have no idea how im going to keep track of which oen is which :P some even got the same name :D I've been using a few different but sometimes I repeat myself :( I might not be that creative when it commes to names, and I still want it personal and want it to be my own creation.

I'm not creative at all when it comes to names. So I'm guessing that Albert wants a dictionary of names to pick from, kinda like KotOR?

I don't think it's strictly necessary but I know it's only a matter of time until I finally name one of my characters "Insert Namehere" or "Not Sure"

I think Albert meant keeping track of which saves belongs to which character instead of a cool name generator, I am not sure :mellow:

Like this:

Mary Sue, Hedi

• Game Start
  • Mid Term
  • Dance of Fool
  • Year 1 End

Mary Sue, Durand (same name different character)

• Game Start
  • Mid Term
  • One day before expelled

Whee Space, Durand

• Mid Term

I think Albert meant keeping track of which saves belongs to which character instead of a cool name generator, I am not sure :mellow:

Like this:

Mary Sue, Hedi

• Game Start
  • Mid Term
  • Dance of Fool
  • Year 1 End

Mary Sue, Durand (same name different character)

• Game Start
  • Mid Term
  • One day before expelled

Whee Space, Durand

• Mid Term

Both would actualy be nice :) Keeping track of them and some help with naming.

Maybe the list can give soem ideas then I can modify it somewhat if I feel like it :)

Maybe some way of getting a quick preview of the character on the saves... Stats, Friends and maybe adventures completed... Grades maybe...

Several of my students topped the test scores on the exams, not sure what there grades are though :P

Will there be a grade denoting the Students... Not sure what to call it... Socialconformity? :P Going to classes not angering the Professors... and such?

Note to the parrents, your son/daughter is doing great topping every class... However he/she is a little hellion that skips classes and causes trouble where ever he/she goes. Unless you get him/her undercontrol we will have to expell him/her. Not to mention the rumors/suspisions of Mastery and possibly Gates magic on top of that.

As parrents you can be proud of your kid's studdy habits and skill development but unless you make sure all those evil pranks and playfulness and extreme bullying and other less charming attributes like delving into forbidden magic stops, life wont be easy for your little "hellion" in the future.

Signed

Legate, all Regents and Professors aswell as the grounds keepers and Librarians..... PS the Food ladies and janitors demanded to get a chance at signing it aswell. The X stands for illiterate Jim of the cleaning staff.

:ph34r:

I am unsure if the following was requested or not, so I make this maybe redundant request:

[Request]My Little Journal

This will be a column that lead to several column/categories that provide short and concise information that we need, that it's hard to check.

Adventure: Completed (this is to brag to ourself)

Adventure: Ongoing (a note of failed checks)

Adventure: Failed Completely

Grade: Midterm grades

Base stats and skill (basic stat plus permanent bonus)

List of starting perks/backgrounds

List of alphabetical subskills. Hover on each will show its parental skill.

List of known emotion (ever experienced)

List of known astrological effects (ever achieved)

[Request] More use out of the right section

The right section is in use for various columns and in History. I'd like them to be in more use during events, so that we know the option we just choose give us what SS

Ah, That would be handy, but it reminds me more of Mass Effect 3, which kept track of such variables and let you know the status of the save you're loading.

Perhaps something like this so we can compare all our Y1 saves when it comes time to import them into Y2?

All;

We'll be expanding the Journal system similar to Scheherazade for Year 2, I believe.

Students who do not attend class are noted, yes. By the way, a change is coming to that system in the next Patch, I believe, making the consequences of Skipping Class a bit less. ;)

I don't know if we'll have a comparison tool for Y1 saves. It's a good idea, though.