Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Will good research skills, like Library knowledge and the rest of them help student's with their studies in Year2? Putting some time into these skills should make it easier to studdy and learn new skills since you're better at finding and deciphering magic and lore and just about any subject.

Also knowing about a lot of the underlaying lore should make it easier to skim through books and just focus on the "new" stuff that you were looking for.

Being better at finding what you need or want and being better at reading it and piecing it together should open up some new methods of "learning".

Speaking of research... I was wondering also if Y2 will retain most of the Y1 abilities, like studying in the LotMoS? And that those abilities will still be (at least somewhat) useful for learning skills? I am simply wondering if my Astrology training will have to be elsewhere, or if I'll need to replace/suppliment it with something else?

• 2 weeks later...

Year 2 suggestion here.

Is it possible to have randomized outcomes for events?

Example, a shell game. In Year 1 whether you succeed or fail is either based on your skill or the outcome is already set so no matter which Exit you choose, that will be the outcome.

In Year 2 will it be possible that choosing the same Exit over and over again lead to different outcomes for certain events?

Actually I really REALLY like Schwarzbart's idea. It adds to that realism factor. If the game will go in that direction, I think it'd also give some opportunity for substitutions. Perhaps those Durand deviants put gum in poor Von Rupprecht's beard and he needs a substitute for a period to remove it. You could then directly influence what another class gets taught because the substitute teacher is almost always a lesser-quality teacher (if usually more fun)

I think you guys might want to add in the ability to reduce discovery rate of skipping classes in Y2, especially if the lessons are more beneficial by then.

And a way to officially take leave for a day or two if the player had low fitness/vitality.

I want to use my tea-time spell to make sure the instructors always skip lesson for tea when they are teaching someone I don't like

(Crazy dream: Make an iOS version. Too bad the game probably won't run on these puny devices.)

CP;

We'd love to do iOS, but there are some issues. :)

Regarding the rate of Skipping Class, that actually was just reviewed and you'll see some changes in CP3. The long and the short of it is that Skipping Class is now a bit easier, and can be used throughout the Year, in response to some overall changes to the system in Y2.

Actually I really REALLY like Schwarzbart's idea. It adds to that realism factor. If the game will go in that direction, I think it'd also give some opportunity for substitutions. Perhaps those Durand deviants put gum in poor Von Rupprecht's beard and he needs a substitute for a period to remove it. You could then directly influence what another class gets taught because the substitute teacher is almost always a lesser-quality teacher (if usually more fun)

Substitute teachers sound fun, would make for nice event too.

One could be strict, one could be a push over :) and the events would differ. Alternatively it could be completely event based and they could be a regular stand in, hmm that isn't a bad idea for a mod. I've been pondering what would be nice to mod in and something with continuity like this might be fun, events that revolve around one specific character. I was considering a regular rival school which pops up in events with a few key reocurring characters, not for magic but for alchemy or those rowdy magicians!

Will mods that add events break a year 1 character, not allowing him/her to progress to year 2?

Perhaps maybe Pretty please can we get the ability to save our end of year character sheets into a .txt file? So that we wouldn't have to pry it from the game manually?

Even if a genuine program for dueling never emerges I think we can probably fake it on the forum presuming we can set up the rules correctly.

Can the roll of Familiar Adventure Strange Doll 06 Exit 22 be changed to a subskill of the Duel Skill?

To push the complet Duel Skill with a Finesse attribute of just 2 to a level where a reasonable chance is given at a roll vs 11 is probably out of the scope for year 1.

Especial considering that the other Exit is a Strategy Roll vs 10 with a base attribute of 2 that have a easy increase by 1 more with just 4 exta skillpoints trained (War 2).