Black Chicken Studios Forums

Troubleshooting

Command

6 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Riidi;

Once it is corrupt, if you save, it will be corrupt in that save from that point onward. :(

No its worse than that. I had a separate save (of the same character) from three weeks earlier, before it started crashing, but the adventure action now crashes it from that earlier save as well. I'm attaching the other save (which became corrupted, somehow, from its future self!!) and the error log in the hopes that yall can figure out what's going on.

big cliqur.ams

Academagia.log

The fix I done for this issue with my mod was only change the Incantation Methods increase with one for Incantation Theory as the engine have the limitation that you have to be informed on the skill before you can increase the max.

This fix together with the needed text change took about 5 Minute of work and then many hours of waiting for the mod publishing. Maybe the team consider my mods as semi official content and that is the reason why they didn't fix it them self ;) 

Is there a bug with the Marat Advanced Reading ability/the Numerology subskill? When I had a skill level of 9 (boosted to 10 by Your Stars Are Aligned) the "Marat Advanced Reading" ability was available, but when I got to skill level 10 (boosted to 11) and got the Celestial mathematics ability, the Marat Advanced Reading ability was no longer available for me to select.

Yes, and I have the thief's spread and fire spread abilities available, but not Marat Advanced Reading.

That monday "study at the library of the mantle of the stars" was when my Numerology skill went to true level 10, and it's now Friday and I haven't had the Marat Advanced Reading in my menu available.

academagia.png

For what it's worth, Marat Advanced Reading 1 has a prerequisite of The Everard Equation SL = 10. But as far as I know this kind of prerequisite checks for your unmodified skill level. Still, if nothing else, I guess there's your problem.

For the record, reading 2 and 3 are purely Memory based, so those shouldn't mess up unless the first one messes up.

• 2 weeks later...

for the corrupted save there some new post over at Steam most interesting this one:

I have had this UI crash corrupt my save files several times. I have been able to fix my saves by starting a new game running through character creation and then creating a new save file, after that I can reload the previous save and the game seems to work fine.