Black Chicken Studios Forums

Missing Option With Oan

emerssso

I was finally wrapping up the Mentor Adventures with Oan, and had managed to get to the glade where you have to figure out how to talk to the trees. I found a little wizened creature sleeping in a bed of dead roses (or some such), but there wasn't an option to do anything about that, either look around some more or leave. Well, I failed my exploration roll, and had to bail out on Oan.

I'm assuming that there should have been an action to interact with the little sleeping creature, but it seems to be missing at present. Figure that should be addressed, particularly since it doesn't look like I can repeat this step.

Also, the Name of this adventure runs off the side of the menu when you are selecting which Adventure to take, so that might want to be looked at as well.

Emerssso;

I need to look at this in a bit more detail- do you remember what the name of the Adventure was?

Thanks!

Wish I did, but no. I'll try rerunning from an old save and see if I can get it again. Might have to wait til tomorrow though.

I had the exact same issue. Actually there's quite a few adventures in which I found certain things only I didn't have an option to interact with them. I just assumed that it meant I didn't know of the appropriate skill to do so or something. With the wizened man curled up it was particularly frustrating. I can't remember the name of the adventure either other than it being one of the sections of Oan's adventure.

And this also reminds me of another bug that I experienced. I found that several of the adventures didn't have a name at all on the list for adventures, just a blank line. But since I don't have a working save file for when that happened I can't remember which adventures it was.

.H.;

Thanks for this report. In the first case, I believe what happened to you and emerssso is a bug.

In the second case, there may be some missing Titles. We'll make another pass for those to verify. If you do run across it again, please let me know so I can see the issue in detail.

Thanks!

Sure if I notice it again then I'll make a better note of it.

There's a bug in the monkey quest too about the rimbal game. (The Strange Jersey quest). On the very first part of the adventure it jumps from talking about a game of rimbal with your monkey to a mole wanting to look at some developer's plans.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to sorta necro this topic but this "missing option bug" is still existing as of "Consolidated Patch 4 and Content Patch 1".

I've made many attempts with various subskill boosts preparations (with many save reloads, of course) but the adventure would not give me the "proper result" after you succeed with the "search" option. You succeed if you see the following paragraph:

After ten minutes, you're sick of poking around in musty undergrowth. This will be the last bush you check! You poke your head in, and are surprised to see a wrinkled little old creature lying in a bed of dead rose thorns!

The strangely long title for this adventure is: "Search the abandoned warehouse for the hinted at secret door"

Hopefully, the fix makes it to the upcoming Patch 5. :)

PS. I really do suggest that the devs modify the "game interface/browser" to make text highlighting possible for an easier copy+paste.

I was also stuck on this quest at the same part, but the latest patches seemed to have fixed that. However, now I'm stuck further on. After locating the circle and stepping through it in the Adventure "Where do the clues lead?" I am given three choices on how to proceed.

1. Leave the adventure choice (Green)

2. Try to recall something . . . (Blue)

3. Watch the . . . (Green)

When I try either option 2 or 3, I get the answers which seem to indicate that I have passed the tests. On 2. I learn about Birds, and on 3. I learn about Noise. (I'm trying to be vague so as not to spoil anything) However, each time I proceed all that happens is that the option is removed and nothing new is added. So upon success I am left with the option to leave and fail the Adventure!

Is this a bug, or have I failed?

Archived