Black Chicken Studios Forums

Academagia Wiki

Draigh

My brats sadly aren't on there. :(

Hint hint, someone?

I should be able to put Miya on with my current playthrough as I've just unlocked her adventure, unless she needs some seriously weird skills to pass her adventure. I'm hoping to get the last godina adventures on as well. If I have time I'll try bumping up relationship until I unlock other students adventures that aren't on yet.

My one issue with the adventures I'm putting on is the difficulty on skill checks, I try to compensate for clique-mates (and in practice they are a non-issue late in the game) but can't predict the multiplier added to abilities for rolls so I plonk in a straight "standard ability + skill level" approach - which is also blind to effects of prior choices if those don't record an effect in the day summary. Oh well, it gives a "ball-mark" I guess, hopefully I'm not leading people too far astray. :unsure:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plonk in a straight "standard ability + skill level" approach - which is also blind to effects of prior choices if those don't record an effect in the day summary

Temporary bonuses to skill levels as well as CoS boosters should be recorded at the end of the day. Unless I'm forgetting something the only way a prior choice can effect the difficulty of a later choice without making that obvious is if success or failure actually opens up separate, but identically titled options.

Temporary bonuses to skill levels as well as CoS boosters should be recorded at the end of the day. Unless I'm forgetting something the only way a prior choice can effect the difficulty of a later choice without making that obvious is if success or failure actually opens up separate, but identically titled options.

That's was my hope, but I vaguely recall someone saying differently, and on some re-runs I've seen very different apparent results, although those could have simply been errors of course in recording the first run.

Double post since otherwise it won't flag the post as new:

1. For some inexplicable reason I cannot add a category to something if that category currently contains no entries. Case in point: Sense of Systems refuses to list/accept Abilities - Library Knowledge as a category I want to add, despite the fact that the ability does increase that skill and thus should belong in that category.

2. The Sync skills are lacking redirect pages, or something or another, meaning that they can't be easily/cleanly linked to. Case in point: Trying to create a link to Insight will helpfully list both the Attribute and the Pheme of the same name, but if I try that with Serenity it only lists the Pheme and refuses to link to the skill.

3. On that subject, could someone that knows that s/he is doing be a dear and add the two dozen or so categories that the Sync skills currently don't have? I've not a clue how to do that and seeing my inability to fix the above issue I'm not going to put money on it.

EDIT: Never mind about...most of that. The Sync categories are still not all around but, eh, pretty sure the ones I didn't add are going to matter a grand total of never, so, yeah.

Edited by Metis

• 11 months later...

Perhaps. Someone more experienced at setting up wikis than I am will unfortunately have to do the heavy lifting because I don't know how to set one up either, I'm just good at telling when something (read: Wikia) is on it's way to becoming a sinking ship.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Rhialto Do you still need help?

@MetisFrom what I remember when I first signed up, the red text is because there's nothing on the talk page. I've had a Wikipedia account for years but because no one (including me) has written on my talk page, my username is still red. Wikia does the same thing as it likes to pretend it's like Wikipedia. I've come across some other wikis before like Wikidot, but from what I understand they all have their issues. I hate Wikia in a lot of ways, the biggest being the search engine, but seems better the devil you know...

I've been pretty scarce in contributing lately, but I would like to do more again, cleaning up what's already in the wiki rather than adding more (I am so not up for going through ModTools to add Adventures again). We gotta get it spiffy as we might only have a few years left until Year 2 ;)

@Draigh, could you make some people admins? It could get the wiki a little more streamlined. With multiple admins one is bound to check on things sooner or later. And an admin can spruce up the css and layouts. A little color and background would do wonders :D

Good morning guys and girls,

I am but one personal message / email away. ;-)

Real Life (tm) sometimes has the tendency to interfere and claim you. And I only started the wiki back in the day because there was none and nobody seemed to start one yet. I am glad so many others picked it up and made it a worthy and useful wiki. Back in the day I dropped many hours in researching and filling it up, bit by bit. Even before the modtools became available. :-)

So it is true, I have not been very active. If someone else takes over ownership (would like to keep major editing rights, for if ever the mood strikes me again), it would be fine with me.