Black Chicken Studios Forums

Location Bugs, Confusions, and Balances

Mikka

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for all the help! Eagerly keeping my fingers crossed for tonight's patch... I probably should stop constantly refreshing.

This is more of a Location Suggestion then anything but I wanted to thank you for the information, so I'm sort of sneaking it in here. Playing as an Annez, I get a kooshy Common Room that gives some light passive bonuses to a few not-so-nice skills while hanging out there. Most of the other collages don't seem to have Common Rooms, though, or at least I'm not being given them by Dues Ex Machina. It would be nice if each collage had their own Common Room, simply for favor purposes even if there was no advantage (although there maybe should be).

Having an Ability for each one, something like 'Hang Out with Collagemates', would be nice, too. Maybe a chance of +1 bonus with a random student, as well as a random skillup to gossip? I don't know. But it seems like there should be a bit more 'this is the collage you joined!' besides the Adventures, as awesome as the Adventures are.

Mikka;

It looks like you have ~5 hours to wait- no need to refresh. I just want to see if we can fix that Artifice related crash before we send it out.

Bear in mind that this is the Code Patch, not the Content Patch (which is coming in September)- although this one does include the fix that will make passive Abilities grey. ;)

As to the Common Rooms, more are coming, never fear. The DLC will be College related, so I think that will answer some of your hopes. :)

Legate,

I was able to get money from the Four Phases Bookstore, but only works when you train one of the Calligraphy subskills, which is logical I suppose

Still had no luck with Carlitae's Flowers, however since I have maxxed out all the Botany subskills, this might be the reason why it isn't working. Since I cannot succesfully train Botany anymore, this might be the reason why I am not getting any money.

On a different note, when adding locations to the Wiki I noticed the Aranaz Common Room says in it's description it will be easier to study Dedication, Intimidation and Orthography, but the effects state that it is Tease, Interrogation and Insult that will be easier to study.

Adding to the wiki I just came upon this one.

Phenomenal Craftsmanship Increases Art Appreciation (+5), Creativity (+5), Artisan (+7), Insight (+4), and Finesse (+4), with a +2 Bonus to Finesse.

What's the difference between an Increase in Finesse and a Bonus to Finesse?

Secondly

The Pure Luck Subskill does not have a description over here. And it has Strength as a Dominant Attribute, why not Luck?

Secondly I am wondering why Artisan (making stuff) is a Subskill of Sabotage and not of Forge or perhaps Art?

Thirdly

Expert Baker's Oven

The Expert Baker's Oven makes the precarious (and sometimes disastrous) act of baking much easier by increasing one's Baking Skill (+3)

- Increase Baking

- Decrease Recipes

The description doesnt say anything about a decrease of Recipes, the Effects list does.

Draigh;

They are slightly different in that Bonuses are not considered when looking at values which are dependent on the one being modified- so, for instance, if you have a Bonus to a Skill, it will not affect the Parent Skill's value.

The Description for Pure Luck is returning Content Patch 1 (along with a few others)- Strength as a Dominant Attribute will also be corrected.

Many Sub-Skills can belong to other Parents (Patience, for example), but were placed where they were to give a bit more depth. In Year 2 you will see that many of these become more fluid.

Go with the Effect list- Description be corrected.

Thanks!

The Room of Cheer II description states that it removes fear, anxiety and despair, the effect states that it removes despair, anxiety and panic.

The Aranaz Common room description states that it is easier to train dedication, intimidation and orthography, the effect states that it decreases training modifier for tease, interrogation and insult.

Closet Forge I've not been able to get any skill increases from using as a prep location though it states to increase metallurgy and a random.

I've been noticing some things in locations. I'll make some notes here and expand it as I go along.

Path of Fire - Is this supposed to be a Passive ability or an Active one? This one looks like it should be an active one like Sabinu's Grotto, but it's not.

There are several like this, ones that I remember running across but didn't document at the time. In general, anything that EXPANDS a skill or skills should probably be active. Also, anything that involves an exchange of money should probably be active as well.

I'll edit this post when I get exact names to be more helpful.

-Tug

I experienced a bug with shop :

My cash was around 550.

I've sold a 'drake feather' and a 'meteorite' at 'Ricardus Alepio' (total amount around 750). :blush:

I wasn't able to buy anything after the selling (my balance was still showing around the same amount than before). :huh:

Two days turns, in another shop, I discovered that my balance was 0 ! :)

And thank you Legate for yourprevious answers !

Similar to Llama's comments about the Path of Fire is my concern about the Forum of Naxum. There seem to be two abilities there, one passive bonus that applies when you use it as your prep location, and another one that lets you stay there and listen to the debates. However, the Listen to the Debates ability doesn't seem to be an active ability. Is this one actually passive that happens whenever you use the room as your prep location, or should it have been tagged as an active ability?

The Debating Stone action affected attribute is impossible to select; the field appears normally but there are no options in the purple list.

Also I'd like to ask about attributes increases affecting training curve, or, rather, NOT affecting it. Was this intended? It has quite a lot of unfortunate balancing consequences in that it makes it almost useless to pick up starting traits other than those affecting attributes as well as making other attribute effects generally meaningless when considering which attributes to pick at the beginning. It has a rather large impact on the game as a whole.

Alpha Cactus;

I will test the Debating Stone, thank you- the content *looks* good.

Attributes do correctly impact speed of Training. If your goal is to end the game with as many high-level Skills as possible, you will definitely want to maximize these at the start of the game. That said, there are Actions, Abilities and Spells in the game which reduce the Training Modifier (subject to a bug, at the moment), which can be more effective than Attributes for difficult to Train Skills.

Thanks again!

Attributes do correctly impact speed of Training. If your goal is to end the game with as many high-level Skills as possible, you will definitely want to maximize these at the start of the game. That said, there are Actions, Abilities and Spells in the game which reduce the Training Modifier (subject to a bug, at the moment), which can be more effective than Attributes for difficult to Train Skills.

Really? I tested with putting Hant Bracelet on and it did not lower the speed of training at all; same with actual permanent bonuses to intelligence not affecting the civil law speed of training (number of required substeps).

Edit: And by training modifier I meant speed of training, I have no idea what the difference in the actual formula is.

There appears to be a bug in the "turn off sound" option.

Whenever I try to turn of the sound it causes a runtime error and shuts down the game.

Off course I only do it when the boss comes around, so shutting the game down works as well, but it is annoying to lose the unsafed progress.

Tried Academagia Public Practice Room #4 ten times in a row. I could have been having really bad luck with the random generator, but I never got any steps. Also, a clarification on what primary music skills are could be nice: I imagine it means the ones taught in class, but it's hard to be certain.

Vault of the Voices passive ability is noted in the place's description as lasting 18 turns, although the passive ability itself claims it's an at location bonus and there's no duration: I'm guessing it's an at location one?

Illumination Cubicle has Limming as a passive ability. I couldn't get anything from it but the 20 pims: none of my Art Subskills increased (however, as I only had 'Creativity' as an art subskill, it's hard to be certain... maybe it was increasing a Subskill I didn't know? Confusing!). If it does work, however, I really think it's a passive that should be changed over to active- 20 pims, +2 Steps for Subskills, and a +1 Prof Relation is a nice little pile of stuff for doing well, nothing (and it doesn't really make sense to be doing the part time job while grooming one's familiar, either).

Archived