Black Chicken Studios Forums

Location Bugs, Confusions, and Balances

Mikka

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm studying and do it at the Ballos: News Stand. I seem to get skill increases, if I check my skill list.

But I do not get any mention it at the end-day report. That is supposed to be silently? Because if it unlocks anything due to an increase, I'll miss it.

On the opposite side of all the passive abilities that are so nice I think they should be actives, there's Godina Commonroom: South Corner... an active ability in a 15 discovery location that gives a 50% chance of +1 Step Harpsichord.

I think that's one that should either be turned passive, or else given a bit of a boost. A few more steps, at least.

This may well have been mentioned already, but in almost all forge locations, tons and tons of possible passive locations show up, several of which are incredibly strange looking. Even the Earth Sprite Nest suffers this problem.

In other location news . . .

J. Circus Freak Show - the passive ability there doesn't work, though it sounds like you're changing that to an active ability anyway.

There's the location where you can Tour the Tapestry Room, an active ability. I failed to do it. That seemed odd.

Are there supposed to be frequency limits on places like the Gamers Guild? I unpredictable lose the ability to go there. How about for some of the Libraries? I've been using the Library of Mantele quite a bit, and thus suddenly I lost the ability. Honestly, it would make sense to restrict both of these locations a bit, but just do it clearly.

both manetele and mantle of stars may be come lost to us for a few turns due to repeated use. Are you sure your loss is permanent?

No, it's not a permenant loss, just temporary. Which is fine, really, except that it strikes randomly, and there's nothing in the text about it. I just wanted to point it out, so it could all be made consistent and coherent if possible.

Bug Report:

Subject; The location Closet Forge

Bug; Does not produce the promised metalurgy and forge skill

Produced When; 4'th week of Ahtanos; Thursday; Evening Event

Doing What; Train Till You Drop; select location --> Closet Forge

I believe it should be giving me the points. The Venacalium Library: Linguistics Section does give points when study till you drop.

Since I have discovered Closet Forge (it says what it grants) and it is not used in an ability (I believe) I came to the conclusion it is not working properly.

Is this a bug or did I simply miss something?

Ok this one has probably been reported before as well, but here goes nothing;

The Balos News-stand. Every time I try to go there I get reprimanded for tresspassing. I even went there on a saturday and still got a detention.

Side question; should we even get detention for going somewhere on saturday?

Vegejor;

It's curious you were reprimanded for trespassing there- 6% is high, but not that high. I'll take a look at it.

That said (and I hope to feature this in an Adventure in DLC 2), there is a great deal of tension between the Upper City of Mineta and the Academagia. Students -especially young ones- have a habit of blowing things up inappropriately, causing trouble and generally making mischief with their new found spells. The Chance of Discovery for town areas represents the chance that someone will complain to the Instructors about you, whether deservingly or no. In Year 2, depending on how you play, you'll see these restrictions ease.

So, I finally decided to go for Esteban Contu's School of Incantation. However, I can't seem to use any of the actions associated with the location, which means I can't Pay my Tuition so I can attend. It's greyed out even though I've got just over 1000 pims at the moment. Wondering if this needs a fix?

Skipping Class+Detention Problem

I fear I may have stumbled onto a bug. Not sure if it is a bug or if it is reported already, but here goes;

When I have a detention scheduled I can't skip class the hour before. If I do it, it always results in another detention for skipping class. All the other days of the week are fine and it seems to be a consistent bug as I tried it through three different weeks. (though always on friday.)

Ok there we have it, can we have a referee to see if this is a bug or just a game feature? As I might understand it being harder to skip class right for a detention.

Allright found another one;

Study at the Library of the Mantle. I trained there for over a month now to get my atrology up. I learned two things, one I find strange but is plausible, the other is a bug;

1) this is the plausible one; while it says it will increase a subskill with two steps I only get one. The reason for this is probably because all skills require one step. (high master attribute). Is it supposed to lose the other step or is it supposed to raise it, level up and then raise the second point? Which would be better in my opinion otherwise the library kinda looses it's function as I have other places that do such a thing and better. (I found a place with one step to choice, a random step and a random step in astrology.)

2) it constantly keeps saying I have lost it, but it never actually goes away. (it did actually vanish once, but was right back the next day.)

Vegejor;

1) This is actually working as intended- you are not able to gain more than one Skill Level from a single source.

2) This is a problem with Reporting. What happen is that the Library has a cooldown on use (in this case 1 Phase), and when you use it (probably on the last Phase) the game is telling you that the Ability is no longer usable. But because the cooldown is only 1, you have it immediately back. We're trying to find a better way to handle this reporting.

Thanks!

The way to deal with several XP gained per action in a single subskill? YOu try to arrange it so you make use of it.

Astrology I learn in Manetele and other activities untill all Astro subskill get to where you need XP2+ to level up. After that I do it with Mantle of Stars.

It's a bit of fiddling with schedule but that's the fun thing of these games. maximum effiency and all that.

I have a problem with the Library of Longshade. Sometimes when I study there, I only get a skill step in the skill I've chosen and concentration, but not in the random skill (it doesn't list the random skill in the report, anyway). Most of the time it works fine, though. I'm not sure why this happens, could it be because it tries to improve a skill I haven't discovered yet?

Archived