Black Chicken Studios Forums

Location Bugs, Confusions, and Balances

Mikka

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only had 20 pims, so didnt buy anything.

And I write down everything the moment they appear, just to avoid those mistakes. Otherwise I forget at what level what perk is unlocked. :)

But I didnt write down the whole inventory, so decided to go back to get that info for the wiki.

What I mean is that we know The Athletic Fields, or Fields of Academagia from the very start. Is there any need to relearn about it in classwork?

Yup that feels rather odd. Although i think it'd be more sensible if these places weren't known to the character from the start and were acquired just through the skill gains and/or exploration like the others (and like they're granted now, sort of ignoring the character already knows of them)

Having 'The Grand Forge of Academagia' and 'Grand Forge' (location being Academagia) is slightly confusing. They both have different passive skills, and the first has discovery chance 0 while the second has discovery chance 2: the second seems to be where you Tidy After the Smiths and Make Things. Still, it's confusing for their names to be so close. Could they either be merged in to one location, or could the second become the Side Forge or something?

As with the above, the Academagia Infirmary is 'learned about' when a character gains Negation Methods 1, despite already knowing about (amusingly, I got it while working at the Infirmary... I guess the nurses thought my character to be really dull, there).

I know I have Patch 4 installed, but I'm not 100% positive that this game is using it- however, the character's room does have a full description- was that in 3a, or only added with 4? (Ah, forgot I could F12 it. I'm using patch 4.) And there's no Bond of (Iron), or simply Bond research skill (or if there is, I don't have it). Strangely, it did seem to have a Lore associated that was added on- Bond of Iron I, which is a little poem. Having now trained my familiar to Bond 3 (with Stars, Silver, and Iron), I haven't gotten any other Bond lore's like that.

Also, Trigonometry 10 unlocks the Academagia Sundial.

Random event bug:

The little satyr in the forest. Observe, Archery, and Brute Strength option. If we got archery (incase of my: 1) we can throw things to release him but he's slighly limp (whoops!). The text say he drop someting at your feet as rewards but nothing happen to SS, notthing appear in inventory.

Botany class can introdue one level of Worms (zoology). I know it because I maxed worms already. It's actually logical if you think about it, so I ask here to see whether it's intentional.

I finished a game last night. I saved before the final day. The first time through, there was no interaction from Pamela at all. The second time, I was only given one option (basically, "eh, I got better things to do").

What's going on with the Declare Vendetta issue? I'd like to try dueling.

laclongquan, I believe he drops money. Did you check your pims?

Laclongguan;

The Satyr does drop a little money, and Worms is intentional.

Mumbles;

The Declare Vendetta issue is 'solved'- it's a problem with Academagia not having permissions from Windows, and is corrected by right-clicking on your Academagia.exe and choosing: 'Run as Administrator.'

To combat this, we will try to make the game more UAC friendly, although I am not sure how quickly we can do this.

Laclongguan;

The Satyr does drop a little money, and Worms is intentional.

Mumbles;

The Declare Vendetta issue is 'solved'- it's a problem with Academagia not having permissions from Windows, and is corrected by right-clicking on your Academagia.exe and choosing: 'Run as Administrator.'

To combat this, we will try to make the game more UAC friendly, although I am not sure how quickly we can do this.

I ran as administrator yesterday and tried it 5 times. It didn't work. I posted in the vendetta sticky. I even deleted the game and reinstalled, then installed the Patch 4 and Content 1 and reinstalled Net 4 (or whatever that is). I was still kicked out of the game.

Nowhere under vengeance are you allowed to pick your rival, nor does it say random. Was this intentional or maybe what the problem could be?

About the Library and Bond issue- I'm not sure if this will help at all, but I found out, playing further, that I could not trail my familar anymore in Bond of Iron. Train Familiar, Groom Familiar, Improved Familiar Handling... all would increase Stars and Silver, but no longer Iron.

Correct. Sorry for not specifying. Bond of Iron is still at 3, and despite it saying it only needs 'one' step to move to 4, I can't make that one step take. On the other hand, Stars and Silver I got to five (and can probably keep going- I just gave up because it didn't seem to be any point in increasing them if I can't increase the full Bond).

Archived