Black Chicken Studios Forums

Location Bugs, Confusions, and Balances

Mikka

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize. I had went back to an older save just to play, and apparently I just saved over my older saves rather then keeping them. Ugh, I had specifically meant to keep the most recent so I could keep poking at the bug, but... I was playing late two nights ago, and I suppose I wasn't thinking. Gah. I'm sorry.

Research: Astronomy 10 didn't give me anything. Says "Skill at Max" but nothing was granted.

Related question. Where do the Expansions/Increases from Research topics show up? I might just be missing them, but I can't find them in Lores or Abilities.

Edit: Client v1.0.3.1 Publisher v0.63.3.0, Content: 1.0

-Tug

House;

The Expansions of most Research Topics are direct, and do not give viewable Abilities. We'll look at Astronomy, though.

Thanks!

Installed Patch 4/Content 1 on this system and went through and did some checking into Research things, because I could.

Nothing for R: Astronomy 9 (No Lore)

Nothing for R: Astronomy 10

Nothing for R: Character 10

Nothing for R: Cooking 10

Nothing for R: Mimicry 10

Nothing for R: Wrestling 10

More to come as I find them.

Housellama;

Thanks! I suspect the rank 10s are all passive expansions, but we'll double-check.

Thanks for Rank 9 on Astronomy- we'll close this one in DLC 2, I believe.

For several of them, they say "+1 to (Attribute)" or +1 Skill Maximum, so they tell you what they are doing.

These don't tell you anything. If they are doing something, It'd be nice to get a hint about it.

Re Astronomy: I was running a test game and I got two Research topics called Astronomy. I researched them both to 10. They both had the same lores, both missed lore 9, but one gave a +1 to Intelligence, and the other did not. I can pull the save game or log if you'd like to see it.

I noticed something interesting. Not sure if it's a bug or something else.

I have been informed of locations in the Vin. Library several times (Different locations). However, I had previously used the "Explore the Library" option. It seems that option either doesn't register those locations correctly, or there's still an issue with picking random locations.

-Tug

Event "Random Event Search 10", where I'm asked to try cookies.

Tried observing, failed.

Chose exit one (eat a cookie). In the first page of the result text, I only get one line at the very bottom:

"ou take a big bite of the cookie and your eyes bulge. It's super"

Next page begins with a big Y, followed by "Salty!". The rest gets displayed correctly.

I'm guessing this is not the way it's meant to appear :P

Random events

Old man tells an old historical battle haltingly, due to bad memory. you use history to remember which he's telling about. Use Famous Battles to prompt him to finish his story successfully. At the end there's a line saying increase in storytelling, history, and conversation skill. While I appreciate the note, it's a bit jarring. Do check to see whether you intend that or not. I also think the skill gained of that option is a bit bugged.

Don't know if it's a bug, but the text for Spavia Theater: Musician's overlook says that "If, on the other hand, your skill with a Lute is 9 or higher, you have an open invitation to drop in on the Spavia Theater every seven days or so...".

I had my Lute at 10, and only got the location by visiting from the Orchestra Pit. The text leads me to believe that reaching 9 in Lute should disclose the location, though.

Action Perform Music: Voice

The text in the day report said which rolls were required for the effects, but it is not on the action description, making it a bit tricky to re-find.

Random Event Taver 3

Used Glamour to cast a spell to remain unnoticed. The text says I get the shadows to bend around to hide me, my teachers won't mind a bit of magic to get out of a brawl and... I'm back at the choice screen, glamour option gone, forced by the difficulty of the rest to just "stand still and hope for the best".

Either the text of glamour is misleading, or my exit didn't end properly.

Archived