Black Chicken Studios Forums

Such a rough trip to campus

Impet

I was wondering, I've noticed that each new character I create seems to start 'wounded', on the first day at campus their stress is always at 0, but their vitality is red and can be improved by resting.

I messed around with a few new characters.

If I start a character with 1 fitness and no bonuses to the fitness maximum, it gets to school unhurt with 2 vitality.

If I start a character with 3 fitness from attribute points, and a fourth point from background of Family:Sports, I start the game with 6 vitality, but it's red, and the max is 8.

If I start a character with 3 fitness from attribute points and no other fitness or vitality advantages, I start the game with 6 vitality, and that's the max.

If I start a character with 3 fitness from attribute points, the fourth point from background of Family:Sports, the Prodigy:Physical trait (bonus 2 vitality max) and Apprenticeship:Student at Arms (bonus 1 vitality max), I start the game with 7 vitality, out of 11 max.

All the numbers seem to add up, except why don't we always start with full vitality? Random beatings from bullies and pirates on the way? :)

Archived