Black Chicken Studios Forums

Location scrolling still not working

Clio

Hi,

I'm really loving the game, but one glitch is hampering my enjoyment. I've installed patches 1 and 1a, which allowed me to scroll on the skills screen, etc., but the "scroll down" button is still not working on the locations menu. I use a laptop with no mouse, and the touchpad scroll feature does not work. I would really like to be able to use locations below "Archery Field," and would appreciate any advice. ;)

No, you guys are great! This is easily one of the best forums I've had the pleasure of moderating. :)

Regardless, you guys work hard and have put out a hugely ambitious game and offer amazing customer service. You deserve a pat on the back every now and then.

I do agree about this game being hugely ambitious and hugely great (lol) and I've haven't stopped jumping up and down since the release because I am another one of those life sim craving fans. I also am amazed by the customer service. I've been lurking on this forum since Aug 13 for a couple of hours a day, so by now I have an idea of when Legate of Mineta starts his day and how fast on average he answers a post. It's so fast that I wonder how he can work on Patch 2 while answering systematically each and every one post. :)

That being said, I am a bit disappointed by all the little bugs and all that needs to be cleaned up in CP1, and also all the typos (only a tiny fraction of which must be reported on this board I assume). The truth is I don't feel I can recommend buying this game to people I know and talk about it on boards until CP1, hopefully. I'd love to and I wish I could, but I'm not comfortable doing that just yet. :)

This is not my first experience with indie games and I know about patches etc... but really this should be improved upon for the second game of the series (the devs must wish the same right now, no doubt!). At this time I'm not playing because I fear issues could arise with any games saved before a given patch. I also don't want my fun of discovery to be spoiled by a weird issue jumping at me and confusing me. I don't feel like holding it against the devs especially since they are furiously trying to make things right as fast as they can. I obviously see that. But at the end of the day we do pay for the product and I expect it to be mostly without typos for instance. There were probably specific challenges with this game, being what it is, but I don't want to pay for a game and then have to take some time to write down and report all that I found wasn't working right either. It's great that people do this on this board, I am grateful for their efforts and I'm sure the devs are also, but that isn't what I personally want to do after spending money to buy a game.

I wanted to say how I felt because I'm really the target audience for this game, so I imagine people who aren't so fanatic could be less forgiving. I am rooting so hard for this game to be successful because I badly want western life sims to develop and multiply! But still a part of me is a bit disappointed by all the little bugs, typos and issues adressed in the content patch. And I'm not talking about some clunky-ness in the interface, or needed tweaks in the gameplay etc... for me that is OK in a new game and especially when it's unique. I really don't mind that, it's clear from reading the board it will be improved upon in the next installment (or in some cases even earlier, lucky us!), and I'm totally happy with that.

Archived