Black Chicken Studios Forums

Uploading a picture for here

Impet

So our profiles say, Max size is 150x150 and k

Hrm. I trimmed one down to 150x150 pixels and it was initially 21KB as a .jpg, but the forum said the uploaded file was to big. :( Trimmed and trimmed further only to get the same message, :) finally threw up my hands and turned the tinyer version into an icky 72x72 3KB .gif. That's too big too. ;)

What does this forum want from my picture, it to actually be less than 1 k in size? Not 1 K but 1 k? That's like.... 1/4th of a pixel, right? :(

Fan -

I saved the picture beside your post to my computer, so I could check it's size. Once saved to my computer, it seems to be 200x200 and 39.5 KB. I'm trying to upload a JPG that's 150x147 and 21.9 KB, but am getting the message "the uploaded file is to big". I tried cutting it down, both in quality and size, until it looked so small and bad on my computer that I thought, 'any smaller and it's just not going to be worth posting', it was down to 3 KB, and that was still to big. But everything I've tried to do is smaller than your image. How do I get a picture up?

Woot! I gots my picture up, yay and thank you! I'm using Internet Explorer, I believe the current version. I'm not actually sure how to check... I've got like an 8 in my Games skill sets, but only about a 1 in my General Computer Use skills... ;)

How does that picture get to be beside my posts, instead of only on my profile itself?

Oh there's two areas -

1) Personal Profile pic (this one you already have set up)

2) Avatar pic (Go to "Edit Avatar Settings" under your Personal Profile)

-You can try uploading there (crosses fingers it will work ;) )

-If not, you can upload and link to the picture, where it says "Enter a URL to an online avatar image"

Archived