Black Chicken Studios Forums

Actions and Ability Bugs

nightguard

89157Z;

No, that's not an exploit- what Bullwinkle is referring to is a reporting issue introduced in Patch 7 with the Skill tooltip feature.

Bullwinkle;

Your Vitality can exceed the Maximum (as has happened in your case), and is a minor bug. Eventually, I think we will close it, but no ETA on that yet.

Thanks!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Katja's questline, the adventure Hunting for Shoes doesn't appear to lead anywhere. I successfully completed it, but then couldn't see any option in the next day's adventure list to continue it. Am I missing a prerequisite?

In Vettor's questline, I failed a roll for the adventure Mystery Package. (On a side note, the rolls needed seemed high for this stage; I had 10 in two of the skills needed but everything was still purple.) However, failing moved me to the next step, which appeared as a gap in the adventure list (i.e. no name for the adventure). You could still select it, though.

In Everwine's questline, if you succeed at the final adventure, there's one more adventure in the line where all you do is speak to Everwine. That adventure also has no name; it appears in the list as a gap. Same thing for Durand's, after you pluck the feather from the eagle.

Bullwinkle;

For the blanks, that appears to be related to missing Titles- we'll look into it.

For Katja, the next stage has two key Prerequisites: the first is, you need to have a pair of iron shoes in your Knapsack. The second is that your Relationship with Katja must be 4 or better. Let me know if both are true- at least in the content it appears to work correctly.

Thanks!

Hmm. I never got the iron shoes. Unfortunately, my save of that time is long gone, but I remember the result of the adventure where we stole them from the goblins. We were praised, saying something like 'they were no match for the brilliant two of you'. But it appears the shoes were never placed in my inventory.

Regarding Question Knowledge: I'm not entirely certain how the 5-step penalty works. Sometimes it says it decreases a SS, where it sets the step to 0 if there are less than 5 steps (which is, I believe, what is supposed to happen). Sometimes it says it decreases a Skill, not a Subskill (I just had it declare it had reduced the War skill, with no effect). And sometimes it says nothing at all regarding penalties, i.e. there is no decrease of any kind.

On that note, the penalty for QK is really not significant. Most of the time, it's attempting to decrease a SS with 0 or 1 steps, so there's no real disadvantage. (It's rare to have a SS with more than 5 steps that you're actually advancing.) It seems a bit unbalanced, overall; there's very little reason not to choose it over other alternatives, unless you only need a single step.

Bullwinkle;

It is 5 Skill Steps that are reduced, but it actually should be 1 Skill Level that is reduced. It looks like the conversions were off when this was created.

Thanks!

Oh that reminds me, in my last playthough, some abilities that give random skills (I think Library of Longshade and maybe Tour the Tapestry Room) actually gave me research bumps instead of skills. I'm not sure if that is intended or not.

ackron;

Assuming you are using 1.0.8, that should not occur anymore. If you are, please let me know- closing that issue has been more difficult than we guessed. :)

Well looking at my final save for my 1.0.8 playthough, I have 4 points of research done, and I never used the research action, so I'm pretty sure it's still happening.

I don't remember exactly when it happened during the playthough though, I'll try and keep an eye out for it.

I created a new game on patch 8, but then when I started and successfully finishes the bond training of my familiar, some of it didnt make it to the stat, I.e., "successfully increase the bond of stars by 1" but when I visit my familiar's page, it didnt go up! A bug perhaps?!? ;)

edit: especially when using the "Train at the Locraitian garden" ability!

Archived