Black Chicken Studios Forums

Bugs

DWhite6666

First off I love this game. But it has several bugs:

1: I have the Impulse download, (Vista 32) and i have installed patch 2.0 manually. I saved one game but continued playing and saved again later (deleteing the first save). now i can't save at all. it does create a save file in user/....????.asm but does not recognize it and will not load it. I have created 7 save files but it does not recognize any of them.

2. (less important) when you study your location does not scroll at all, so you are limited to the first 12 locations on the list and some location like athletic field gets scrolled off the list. I have tried + and - and up and down arrows.

3: (even less important) i have earned merit prize xviiii and xx but the ability tab will not let me (aquire) them. as i did the first ones.

DWhite6666;

1) This is very serious, and thank you for raising this issue. One other user has experienced this problem with save creation on Vista 32, but it's not clear why or how this is happening. I will pm you for additional details.

2) You can scroll either by clicking on the 'Scroll Down' button on that menu, or by using the mouse wheel.

3) Merit Prizes XVIIII and XX are passive, and are applied to you without the need to do anything further.

Thanks!

DWhite6666;

1) This is very serious, and thank you for raising this issue. One other user has experienced this problem with save creation on Vista 32, but it's not clear why or how this is happening. I will pm you for additional details.

2) You can scroll either by clicking on the 'Scroll Down' button on that menu, or by using the mouse wheel.

3) Merit Prizes XVIIII and XX are passive, and are applied to you without the need to do anything further.

Thanks!

Dwhite6666;

Thanks! I have already responded to your e-mail.

In regards to the Scroll bars being locked during the Study Command- I assume you are referring to the Study Action? If so, there should be no need to Scroll, as there are only 6 entries and all are displayed?

Perhaps it might be best to mail me a screenshot, so I can clearly see where the scroll buttons are not working?

Thanks again.

1. I have sent you a copy of my dxdiag files. I am using directx 11.

2. The scroll bars are locked and do not work during the study command. However they work fine for explore and other commands. The mousewheel does work to my supprize. now i have to learn what all those other locations do again. Thanks

3. Thanks

1. I uninstalled Microsoft.Net Framework 4.0 Client Profile and Extended and went to the page that you recommended, downloaded the file there and it reinstalled Framework 4.0 Client Profile and Extended.

2. I was talking about proforming the study action, when the page comes up on the right side you can change your study location. But the scroll bars do not work and you could only select the first 12 locations on the page. Using the mousewheel has fixed/bypassed that problem. (although the scroll bars still do not work).

Archived