Black Chicken Studios Forums

[Resolved] System Error on startup

Khaba

Hi,

I'm encountering a 'System error occurred: Application will be terminated' error when I try to load the game. It reaches the loadup screen, but waiting or clicking produces the error. This was after finalling managing to get it past the initial troubles involved with the .net framework, etc.

Any thoughts? I was really looking forward to playing.

Thanks,

-K

Khaba;

I believe you mean that you are trying to load a previously existing save game, but it is crashing? Making the assumption that this is the case, there was an inconsistency between how saves were serialized in the first version of the game and Patch 1+. While that issue was addressed, there is no way at the moment to recover older saves that have this issue- although, we are working on a converter which will allow this.

Unfortunately, there is no ETA for the converter yet.

Let me know if this answers your question, and thanks!

Thanks for the response. ;)

Actually, I was having the error on attempting to open up the game; I hadn't been able to play up to that point, so no saved games, etc.

However, I was able to get it working. I needed to have all of the .Net frameworks; 2, 3.5, 3.5SP (which was missing from the equation originally) and 4. Happily got to play last night, and I'm pleased to say it was well worth the time and trouble.

Thanks,

-K

Archived