Black Chicken Studios Forums

That's it, detention for you!

Impet

One of the events, where a student is skipping class and you have the option of trying to move silently to the role sheet and mark them present, if you fail that you are told that both you and the student you tried to save are given detention. However, if you check your schedule, that's not the case. It seems strange that this is not followed up on by the game.

I *wish* that had happened to me. There was no good choice (even if I'd passed - they were all "be an idiot" options) to a random event I rolled, and I ended up with detention - every Friday for the rest of the year.

It was only the second week of school.

I quit. It wasn't worth losing a Friday for the rest of the game.

Kipper;

Hmmm. In Patch 3 we are going to restore Detention Feedback. This should help you get out of Detention much more easily, because you will be able to see what Skills your Instructor is interested in. If your Attribute for their Skills was particularly low (a 1), I guess it is possible for you to be in Detention all year...but it's really unlikely.

Do the different instructors have specific skills (and not randomly determined at the start of the game) that they are interested in during detention?

If you are going to reveal them anyway in that patch, could you edit the class list and add the skills there for the different instructors?

Or are we only getting hints and needing to figure it out from there?

I am looking forward to Patch 3, 'cause I've had detention now every Tuesday since the third week of school and we're two weeks past midterms now. Maybe if I knew what they wanted, I could get out of this! 'cause now I'm stuck there Tuesdays and Thursdays, and at this rate I'll only have free time on weekends. ;)

Found another 'Detention for you' event, that did not lead to actual detention. The event where you are urgently studying and falling asleep, the Brew coffee choice, if failed, leads you to be caught by Violante de Canapierdra. She is so furious not only does she immediately assign you detention, but she also confiscates your study materials. Ouch! Detention, sure. But I supposedly really, really needed those materials, argh! Character's probably ashamed awake enough to keep studying now, for whatever good it won't do.

Course, the detention isn't actually assigned. Bummer all the way around!

• 2 weeks later...
Kipper;

Hmmm. In Patch 3 we are going to restore Detention Feedback. This should help you get out of Detention much more easily, because you will be able to see what Skills your Instructor is interested in. If your Attribute for their Skills was particularly low (a 1), I guess it is possible for you to be in Detention all year...but it's really unlikely.

We're at patch 4, I don't think I noticed any clear indiation of the skills they are interested in (except for when a skill increases, I get phemes or abilities and happen to have them in the wiki and finding which skill increased). Did I miss something there?

Draigh;

While in Detention, you should now see the Skills which they are teaching in their Detention courses. That should tell you which Skills you need to focus on in order to escape early.

I believe you are saying that you do not see the Skill named, just the Perks from raising it? If so, that's not correct behavior.

Thanks!

Archived