Black Chicken Studios Forums

How do I sell?

naruto27

When I enter a shop (and I've entered a lot) I would like to sell some objects (an anvil I got while exploring).The problem is that I see no option to sell. I can buy objects, by selecting the desired object and purchasing, but when I select objects in my inventory I see no way to seel them . Additionally, when I click on obects to sell, they don't stay selected when the mouse goes to another object. I installed the patch 2 (without instaling the patch 1a since I couldn't find it.)

The explanation ingame about how things work is horible. How am I supposed to know that "Cherryl Aemegus" or "Vasik P'Shaw" doesn't offer the option to sell items. I finally found that "Ricardus Allepio" offers the choice to sell, but I should be able to tell before I had to spend several actions to try all shops. Also, the description of items available to buy is limited in the smallest possible window and the fonts that are used make it extra difficult to read. One other thing is that the names of the objects in the store don't show their names when the mouse hovers over them.

The explanation ingame about how things work is horible. How am I supposed to know that "Cherryl Aemegus" or "Vasik P'Shaw" doesn't offer the option to sell items. I finally found that "Ricardus Allepio" offers the choice to sell, but I should be able to tell before I had to spend several actions to try all shops. Also, the description of items available to buy is limited in the smallest possible window and the fonts that are used make it extra difficult to read. One other thing is that the names of the objects in the store don't show their names when the mouse hovers over them.

Most of those interface issues can be solved in a patch, I think. Keep in mind almost all the indie games have interface issues at release, and most are solved within a few months. The general point is, these games aren't watered down for mass sales, the amount of detail and content makes it almost impossible to make everything readily apparent. With feedback these issues can and will be solved in a manner satisfactory to most. The Black Chicken boys are pushing out patches like they are baking cookies, I understand the frustration but comments that hurt the team spirit doesn't really help at all.

And soon the wiki will be complete with all kinds of information as well.

I agree to the user's ambiguity problem as I haven#t gotten to sell anything yet ;)). Also a good product requires a good criticism so don#t bash the bashers. I do agree that the developer seems to be working rlly hard on this an salute with open heart their comitment towards the product and it's users.

Cheers, Bigmouth. :)

EDIT: I sold! As another user said, doing some mentor meetings yelps alot.

Archived