Black Chicken Studios Forums

Relationships

Draigh

I don't think people who like you do anything special other than cluttering your day report with what meager poems they wrote and how they failed at their studies. Some of them you can trick into being minions, but these people usually don't like each other anyway.

But then, I never have time for people who are not me, I have skills to train, studies to complete, spells to cast to rate over 200 in an exam, a galaxy to conquer. Ehem. You were saying?

From what I've seen, it's not having a high relationship about a given student that gives you their activities listing in the 'rumors' section of your daily report, it's whether or not you've learned about that character. There are several students on my report that I have a zero or one relationship score with, but I've learned who their familiars are and what their clique ability is, and it seems like that is the flag for whether you see their activities or not.

As for what a high relationship can do for you, there are adventures tied to most of the students, and you need to have a high enough relationship with that student to access their adventure. This makes me wonder if any of the professors have similarly unlockable adventures...

Ranielle;

Being able to see someone's activities is a product of Information, not necessarily high Relationship- but if you add them to your Clique, you will also be able to keep track of everything that they are doing.

nightguard;

Unfortunately, there are no Professor Adventures, but a few will appear in the DLC associated with their College.

You need to have a certain level of relationship with a student in order to be able to unlock their adventures. Usually it's around 5 (with some students it was lower, with some it was higher). I haven't noticed any benefits from having relationships at 10 though.

Legate,

Could you reveal a bit more about the relationships?

Should I notice the difference between a -3 and -6 points relationship in hostile actions taken against me?

And should I notice the difference between a 3 and 6 points relationship in beneficial actions taken for me?

• 2 weeks later...
Relationships act as gates for certain Actions (can only do if greater, or less than), and have an impact on what the Students do during the course of the game. It also has some hidden, minor Effects which can lead to flags for Year 2.

Would that include inducing certain emotions on other students? I was browsing one of my clique members at one point and noticed she had something along the lines of Love as an emotion but wasn't able to get much information on it beyond that. Was that a result of her using her own actions on other people or a result of a high relation with her? Haven't had the chance to beat my first year yet so I'm not sure if it changed anything later on but I've been curious on that for awhile.

Archived