Black Chicken Studios Forums

Create New Char from Running Game

Schwarzbart

After around 2 weeks of play (CP 1 Patch 2) I decided to start new and used the button ingame to start a new game. The problem is that after selcting CP 1 for this new game I got all new Options 2 times! So maybe the clearing of old mods dont work if you dont restart the game.

Schwarzbart;

So far, I am unable to replicate this. Can you give me the steps that you took to see this issue?

The first was that you played for about 2 weeks. When you began a new game, were you on the Calendar screen, or the Daily Feedback? Also, which Options were doubled- do you mean, the Background Options?

Thanks!

I just complet restarted the game to creat a new Char and now have the new Options 3 times in the list oO.

As told I played my first game with CP 1 for around 2 weeks then I decided to start new and used the button to start a new game from where I can save/load and selected the CP 1. See ing that I now have the new Options 2 times I left the game write some messages her in the Forum and then started Academagia new. Now I whanted to create a new char and all of the suden the new options are 3 times there ;).

for me it appears that every time i check the "content package" under mods it adds an extra instance of the new backrounds in character creation ie the first time it is checked after a fresh installation it adds them but after exiting the game and starting a new game resultings in them being added another time. starting a new game without checking the box does not add another instance but the ones that were present are still there

sorry, was off having a closer look at character creation

i'm not sure what specs you're looking for but i'm using xp sp3 and .net 3.5

i also found that the problem persisted even when the content patch was installed with none of the code patches

as an aside when i was checking through character creation i noticed a handful of fairly minor nitpicky things:

-it's possible to pick "deed:town and familiar" and the familiar training backrounds without having a familiar (the backrounds will still affect pamela though)

-the remaining points displayed on the bottom-right button will not go over 10 even if you do not assign any stat points and choose a backround giving you an extra point (although you do receive the point it just doesn't display it)

-"history:famous campaigners" was a bit vague on how many points are added to famous battles and confidence

-"inheritance:a spy's stealth". just a minor detail but i found that the use of "(a subskill)" and "(likewise)" in brackets and unusual choice as i don't believe they were used elsewhere during character creation

-"exploits:exotic blackmail". "and therefore to your blackmail parent skill" seems an unnecessary addition that i don't believe is used elsewhere in character creation

-"familiar training:helpful spy" was a bit vague how many on how many skill points in total were gained

-"academy:vihuela school of music and magic". it seems odd that the fact that it cost 2 backround points was stated after the lore as opposed to after the effects as is done with the 2 familiar training backrounds

just a small thing but, on the topic of character creation, when picking backgrounds which add to fitness/vitality it appears to only add to max vitality so that you start with less vitality than should be eg if you choose a character with fitness 1, family:sport and prodigy:physical you start with 2/6 vitality

was having a gander at familiars during character creation and came across a couple of things:

-the snake familiar has 6 extra stat points as opposed to 5 on the rest

-the faux dragon, doll and ferret only have 1 starting adventure while the rest have 2

-both rabbit starting adventures are Familiar:xxx quests while the others have 1 Familiar:xxx and 1 normal

while any/all could be intentional i thought it would be best to ask just in case

Started the game with Exotic Familar, ended up with Shadow the Lesser Shade, and had picked the 'run around town bonding with familiar deal'- the one not with all the other familiar options, but with stuff such as the town padgent. I ended up with the two free items, but not any bond skill- Bond was 0, as were the three Bond Subskills.

Archived