Black Chicken Studios Forums

Bugs or features?

Mumbles

I'm new enough to the game that I haven't experienced nearly all of the variables. It's quite possible these are features I simply haven't run into before. Three things have stuck out since installing the update today. (Hint: I did delete and reinstall the game first.)

1. Oriabel Sidot suddenly is a member of my clique when I didn't befriend her. Is this normal, a new feature or a bug?

2. A lot more cliques are being formed by students. Is this due to Befriend being available from the get-go?

3. Last, I know the Block Puzzle is not nearly so glorious :D but my character beat it twice and the school never received the promised 5 merit points. She still only has 1 point in Puzzles, but that could be one of those weird step skills.

ETA: Just checked. Oriabel has 0 relationship points with my character.

Mumbles;

It's certainly possible- the Students can add you to their Cliques, if they choose. This is happening more frequently for the reason you note in #2.

As to the Block Puzzle, you need to achieve a very high Roll for Merit. You can still go there and pick up a few Skill points for trying, though.

Thanks! It freaked me out a little when I saw her in my clique. I almost reported that as a bug, then I realized that just because I've never had it happen before doesn't mean it can't happen. Wouldn't she have had to befriend me, though? As I noted in my edit, our relationship is at zero. Or maybe she's friendly with another member? ...or she infiltrated our super duper top secret clique meetings, mimicked our secret handshake and hung out so long we all think she's a member! Maybe she's a spy! Or a monster in disguise! Or...maybe my character's been hitting the books too hard.

So, even if a student beats the Block Puzzle, they don't always get merit for the school? I must have misread the description.

Thanks for the speedy answer!

I have another side question on Cliques, will they and their names automatically carry over into Year 2? I accidentally misspelled the name of my clique, and while I don't mind going on a finishing the playthrough with this character and his oddly named group of friends, I don't want to be stuck with it in Year 2.

Conversely, is there a way to currently edit clique names that I haven't noticed?

Here's a question I haven't seen come up with CP1/P3 rolled out. It looks like all the actions/abilities that improve your bond with your familiar now improve one of the three bond subskills randomly, and that you can't directly train bond. This is making it very difficult for me to raise my bond with my current familiar, as I have *never* had any action raise the Bond of Silver. Was it intended to make working with your familiar more difficult?

Archived