Black Chicken Studios Forums

Typos and stuff, Patch 3

Draigh

I just happen to look at the Stress description.

It describes a roll which suggest falling ill if your Fitness Attribute + (Best Class Skill) Roll gives a result GREATER than your amount of Stress.

Meaning that if I have 1 Stress, and my 'Best Class Skill' is 1 or higher, I'll always fall ill. Chances are less likely of getting ill, if you have MORE Stress... instead of LESS Stress...???

I guess this may qualify as "stuff" since no idea which part of the behaviour is bugged, if any -- failing an event/adventure occasionally results in a note "you decreased your X skill step by 1" in the daily log, but there actually isn't change to level of said skill on the Skills list as far as i can see. Can't quite remember if the same messages resulted in actual permanent penalty pre-patch 3 but mentioning it just in case. At best, getting such note can be somewhat confusing :)

Ahh so it takes away a step if you have more than 0 in the current level, but otherwise has no effect? That'd explain it then. Maybe the note could just be shown if the skill step is actually lost, otherwise there'd be no mention? Though i guess as long as one actually knows how it's supposed to work then it's not much of issue.

In patch 3/content patch 1 the final time you have to choose between reading the intro letter and losing interest in it (the opening event before running day 1), there are two identically worded exits to stop reading. Also all the other steps in this opening "quest" defaulted to continue reading, while this last one defaulted to stop reading.

In patch 3/content patch 1 the final time you have to choose between reading the intro letter and losing interest in it (the opening event before running day 1), there are two identically worded exits to stop reading. Also all the other steps in this opening "quest" defaulted to continue reading, while this last one defaulted to stop reading.

I've just been having that dialog sequence dump me straight to the calendar after chosing "read the letter" then I get the splash of "your familiar settles down near the windowsill and you open the letter." Basically after that point I can't even start reading the letter chain as it thinks for a moment then just gives me the calendar for the day.

-J-

Got the following note in daily report: "You have learned about DELETE"

clicking the hotlink gives a note:

"DELETE

You have not learned about this skill yet."

bit contradictory :) not sure what triggered it, but it was on weekend so possibly linked to Mentor's adventure about Professors (which i failed) or random event which involved old man telling story in tavern (which had options of just listening or trying History check, picked the former) Third option is hitting Observation lvl.4

Got this rather out of blue in daily report:

"You have decreased your Anthropology skill step by 5"

"You have decreased your Acting skill step by 1"

the former in particular seems rather excessive (plus i didn't even have this skill trained until penalty happened) and seemingly noting happening on that day links to it. There was random event (which i failed) that involved demonstration of spell casting in class and getting distracted by sight of birds and 'memory lapse' as failure result. Available checks were on concentration, composure and incantation. The other event on that day was failure to make Sheary Warrington behave like a smooth, bad boy but i'm guessing that's where the penalty to Acting comes from...

edit: on second thought, the anthropology hit may be actually result of Sheary's adventure -- failed it again, got the same note in the daily report.

This is from patch 3 content patch 1 so it may be corrected now:

I got a random event where I tripped over a stick (saw the stick after an observation check), and then using a brute strength check I obtained the stick which had runes on it. I cast Begginer Delving on my next turn to learn about the stick, which gave me an item power to "study the Stick" which apparently is supposed to turn the stick into a wand (Ancient Grammaticians Wand I think). When I study the stick I get a "you were successful" message on my daily report and the stick disappears but the wand is not given.

-Starcrunch

Archived