Black Chicken Studios Forums

Exam high scores?

DuckSauce

Seems scoring extreme on exams doesn't matter much(unless it has ... hidden benefits), so I figured maybe we could see about getting the highest scores for exams.

I got 190 for arithmetic exam(mid terms):

booknerdwoo.jpg

A certain +6 arithmetic and +6 properties of arithmetic ability combined with some narrow focus to get 2 of the other skills to 9 did the trick xD.

Negation was also pretty high, since I seem to have a permanent +4(recently boosted to +5) bonus to negation parent skill(not sure where the +3 comes from though...)

Anyway, lots of studying on this go, think I'll have a lot of time for the rest of the year freed up now :D

What I want to know is what is the needed lvl to get the maximum out of each skill? I am usually around 140-150 for each skill and don't bother with any spells.

Till what point is using spells useful=

May I suggest not doing it yet Legate. As right now 120-140 is well reachable, but without knowing which exam is when (yes I know that will come, but that is the point) it is hard to use the right spell now to increase it.

I believe it would be better to adjust those values till you guys have implanted many of the idea's/suggestions you are getting from us. Otherwise you'll keep running in circles to adjust the values with every patch you bring out.

Botany is one of the easiest classes. Study the field gives you a point to three sub skills. So doing that about 20 times (depends on your attribute off course) and you got it to maximum.

I wouldnt chance it to an average of all your sub-skills. That would unbalance it for those that only have a few skills, or those where you did not unlock all skills yet.

Secondly, if you study History... who says you need to research and learn ALL time periods? Just as that RL university requires you to specialize, so too can you specialize in specific time periods (those three that you need for the grades). Of course classes give some in the others too, but that's common. I learned a lot of basic info at university about the other specialties too, which I probably won't be using much anyway.

But I agree, some reward for high midterms would be nice.

Maybe an attribute system (grade = (attribute + avg sub-skills) * Study Level) or [ ½ Study Level + (average sub-skills) ] or something.

Anyway, specialization shouldn't be a focus in year one, at least not compared to the real world. The students are only about 13 so they should be Grade 6 or 7 equivalent.

But I will concede that specialization does make the game more fun. Just not realistic. Maybe this is something for the mods.

DuckSauce;

We haven't finalized it, but there's a gradient. You can't be expelled in the second year unless you failed all 6 Classes in the first (what a failure constitutes in these Classes is determined by the grading system they use). Every year after grows more stringent, however, if you do not improve your scores.

Archived