Black Chicken Studios Forums

Getting a better chance of success for adventures?

fullplatejacket

I've been finding that after a certain point in most sets of adventures I can't succeed. No matter what I never have any color better than purple, even if I have 6 or 7 in the necessary skill...

I haven't been having any trouble with the random events, it's just the adventures. Am I actually supposed to try and max out these skills just to have any chance of success?

Random adventures seem to have lower difficulty which makes sense since you don't know when you'll run into one. That leads to you owning most of these after the halfway point and failing them before that =P

But some of the long adventures have very good rewards and the high difficulty is understandable and I love having to stack up buffs on saturday and sunday to succeed in an adventure I do on monday.

I've been finding that after a certain point in most sets of adventures I can't succeed. No matter what I never have any color better than purple, even if I have 6 or 7 in the necessary skill...

I haven't been having any trouble with the random events, it's just the adventures. Am I actually supposed to try and max out these skills just to have any chance of success?

When attempting adventures generally maxing out whatever skill you need is a must. After that I usually make use of skills and spells that increase overall success rate at everything like Question Self and Revolution of the Planets. Those two together increase your chances by 14% which is a lot when you consider the difficulty of the quests. I did have to choose someone to screw over with Revolution of the planets though so Philippe Merchant was my punching bag there. Then there are often times throughout the game when you'll end a day and in the summary you'll get a message saying you increased your chances of success by some substantial number like 20 or even 30. That's a good time to attempt adventures. There are skills that increase specific sub skills as well such as efficient research. When casting spells in particular adding phemes or whatever the optional spell effects are can maximize your chances of success. I think I increased my observation by 8 once casting awareness and adding an extra pheme once or twice but it might have been something else.

Now that I think about it I believe I had the negation parent skill up to 18 at one point so it's not impossible to get some of those skills up to a substantially high level.

Not really. That 'temporarily increased your chance of success' message indicated that you do an investigation in the event successfully and some option will have some increased levels. IT wont linger past that.

To win next stages of adventures there are two ways to go:

Indirect way: boost your attributes and your chance of success. Lots of spells affect these two factor directly (Cleanse and Remake, and some other). THis is direct because you still have chance to fail.

Direct way: boost your skills directly. If you get past certain skill levels. you are certain to win. Use some spells with highest chance of success, add phemes to get more effect, then cast. Example? Say you need a Revision result of 17 to win it. You customize Joker in the Midst (add two Revise phemes), cast it at The revision stone and Bang! You got 2 points increase of Charm, 6 of Practical Jokes, and 4 of Revision. You are now at actual level 11 + 4 levels added on + 3(?) levels due to standing at The Revision Stone = 18+, attempting that quest and choose that option will be a snap.

The latter way require you play Adventure first, get an idea of what they need, and get an even more clear idea of what spells/phemes/locations to do, then do it. It take 2 days to do this (cast spells at one day, adventure at another).

Not really. That 'temporarily increased your chance of success' message indicated that you do an investigation in the event successfully and some option will have some increased levels. IT wont linger past that.

To win next stages of adventures there are two ways to go:

Indirect way: boost your attributes and your chance of success. Lots of spells affect these two factor directly (Cleanse and Remake, and some other). THis is direct because you still have chance to fail.

Direct way: boost your skills directly. If you get past certain skill levels. you are certain to win. Use some spells with highest chance of success, add phemes to get more effect, then cast. Example? Say you need a Revision result of 17 to win it. You customize Joker in the Midst (add two Revise phemes), cast it at The revision stone and Bang! You got 2 points increase of Charm, 6 of Practical Jokes, and 4 of Revision. You are now at actual level 11 + 4 levels added on + 3(?) levels due to standing at The Revision Stone = 18+, attempting that quest and choose that option will be a snap.

The latter way require you play Adventure first, get an idea of what they need, and get an even more clear idea of what spells/phemes/locations to do, then do it. It take 2 days to do this (cast spells at one day, adventure at another).

(About the temporary success increase) Really? Cause there were several adventures where I waited till that message came up and I had success with a purple selection. Actually that's exactly how I finished some of the adventures, trained skills up to max (generally that meant a red text selection) and it worked pretty much without fail but only after I got that message.

Synel;

There are a variety of reasons why you might have greater success- there are some hidden bonuses, as well as long-last Chance of Success Effects from Spells, Abilities or Actions. The ones you see reported to you in your Feedback, however, are temporary and are the result of Investigations you've taken in Stories. Almost all Events and Adventures have Investigations available, which can dramatically change the odds of success, if you are successful at them first.

Archived