Black Chicken Studios Forums

1 year finished 4 to go ...

Schwarzbart

Well I have been wondering about the same thing. We can study things up till lvl 10 in year one. However surely a second year is superior to a first year, but how are they going to express that?

Can we study skills up to lvl 20 then? In the third year to lvl 30? etc. etc.?

If so wouldn't that lead to major gaps in the skills you didn't have enough time to learn during the first year?

So that has me wondering. Especially since we know nothing about the other year students. Which is strange as most bullying is done by the older year students, picking upon the new guys.

Which is btw something I'd like to see add to the game; the students of the other years so we can interact with them. I mean we have a whole adventure with the mentor. (two actually) and "we" become good friends. Yet that is it. I can't do anything else with her.

Vegejor;

Upperclassmen will make an appearance, but it's not clear whether it will be Year 2 or Year 3.

As to Skills, the implementation is different as you will see- but yes, it will lead to major gaps. This is by design: you only have so much time, and you must make the best of it to become the individual you want to your character to be.

Then would it be an option to create a system that allows us to cross off skills we don't want to learn?

I like those random sub skills, but not in aesthetics, something my character would never want to learn about. It would be nice if we could manually vink off such skills so random sub skills aren't thrown into such things.

I mean if you want to make it realistic, that would help. I mean what is the point of focussing on let's say 50% of the skills so I can create the character I want if the game keeps throwing/wasting skills on things I wouldn't want to be near even if I were dead.

I don't want to know about a lot of things IRL, yet I know about them.

For example: Politics, I do not want to know much about it. Yet I know quite a bit about it, partly due to a friend who is politically active.

I also know things about clothing and makeup, even though I dislike the whole fashion stuff.

Why would your character not learn a few side topics while studying? If you are studying a language or history, it wouldn't be that strange to learn a bit about the fashion and habits of the people in that country or timeperiod.

true, but let's say I am studying in a library for a specific topic. I somehow already learn a part of revision. Now how and where would I learn how to powder my nose in that situation?

Or learn how to blow up a cow with an incantation spell?

Random is nice, but not to the extremes that everything is possible.

Schwarz: Improved Familiar Handling

I only wish that your familiar contributed to your test scores (If the profs don't mind you using magic to boost your scores, why should they care about your familiar helping?)

Well, my innocent looking little potted plant had scores of 10 in Astrology, Athletics, Negation, Revision and Society (that last isn't a testable subject, of course, but I thought it would come in handy). I'd certainly have been glad for an extra 50 points on the first four subjects.

I never used Pamela much; I'm still having too much fun learning about all the exotic ones. Speaking of exotic familiars, is there any particular reason that one character build received Rapidly as his familiar 5 times of 8 (on identical builds)? Is familiar selection partially influenced by background or stats?

• 1 month later...

Archived