Black Chicken Studios Forums

Skill check on quest got harder

Synel

Synel;

In Patch 3 the Difficulties were corrected- Purple is now the hardest of all. Red is easier than Purple, now.

Familiar Rewards depend on the Familiar, and are usually Attributes or Abilities at the higher levels. In Pamela's case the Effects are very minimal, however.

I see. Ty for revealing that. I always assumed red meant you had the worst chances possible.

Nikolaj;

We're used to Purple being the hardest (due to the influence of other games) that originally it went Orange - Red - Purple. We removed Orange because it was harder to see against the background of the Event, which left us with Red - Purple. During coding, this was accidentally reversed, but was corrected in a Patch.

We can easily reverse it, but we want to avoid more confusion on this topic (mea culpa, though!) ;)

Nikolaj;

Just MMOs- I'm not sure why they do, either. It's counter-intuitive.

We will have to revise this area at least once more (to allow roll-overs for the color blind), when we do, perhaps we'll make a toggleable option so you can choose if you want it rainbow or MMO style.

That'd be nice, since I've never played an MMO (well, I played Eve for a week or two), and I'm guessing there must be others out there, too. ;)

Not only fantasy MMO's- City of Heroes uses dark grey to purple, too, and there's been some single player games that use it as well (NWN comes to mind). Almost all fantasy MMO's do use the gray or green to red or purple color scheme, though. If both gray and green or red or purple are used, though, grey is always easier then green (even though we're taught that green's go, easy) and purple is always harder then red (despite that we're taught red is no, stop). I'm not sure why they do it like that. I suppose Everquest is to blame, but I believe that was a standard color order in MUDs and the like even before EQ came out... I don't know. I'm so well trained that the purple worse then red is the only way that makes 'sense' to me now.

I think a better compromise might be to relook that orange. I don't think standard orange is too bad on white, but brownish orange is pretty easily readable. Going black, orangey/brown, and then either red or purple is usually pretty intuitive...

(Although that confuses me even more when I think about it. Why is green worse then blue? Why isn't blue next to purple? Why is black in the middle, not the end? Where did it all come from? The mysteries of the internet, I guess.)

(Although that confuses me even more when I think about it. Why is green worse then blue? Why isn't blue next to purple? Why is black in the middle, not the end? Where did it all come from? The mysteries of the internet, I guess.)

I'm starting to get curious too... perharps we should make this into a contest.

What about : the first person to find where the color code did come from wins a free Academagia game to gift!! :)

Three, two, one... Google!

I think something is broken with it though... I had Charm skilla at 7, observation at 12 and a familiar with observation 2 and 4 clique members(if that matters) and still failed an observation at the "Into the Blue Yonder" quest. That's not even an ending question(although close...), rather ridicolous...

Archived