Black Chicken Studios Forums

Call for Impulse users

Iselwin

I bought Academagia through Impulse. Well I think it is very enjoyable and has a great concept, but I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I think we can all agree that currently there are still some non-trivial bugs and areas that could use polish, and I can't honestly give a 5 star rating to any game in that state. However, Impulse does allow you to change ratings at any time and the Developers for this game are hard at work fixing things and adding free content, so I expect after several months it should be worthy of the fifth star. ;)

• 1 month later...
You can patch the game manually, Impulse version is compatible with vanilla patches.

Cool! I just finished my first game and Impluse is several patches behind. I'll download the latest patch from here then.

By the way the game is quite fun and I see there are tons of options for customization and decisions! I'll connect to impulse and give it the highest rating. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Impulse was bought by Gamestop oO

I find it kind of sad that stardok have sold it Digital Distribution but I hope we still will get DRM free games there.

A Interview about this: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/31/stardocks-brad-wardell-talks-about-selling-impulse-to-gamestop/

The non-innate DRM and the ability to play-offline is the while still having an easy way to keep the game updated are the main reasons I have bought almost three dozen games through Impulse. However if any one of those are changed by Gamestop I will close my account. The actual transfer of ownership doesn't take place until May, so there shouldn't be any changes until them. This month I'm downloading and archiving all my Impulse games to an external hard drive, along the activation codes and an installation of the last pre-Gamestop version of Impulse... just in case.

• 1 month later...

Archived