Black Chicken Studios Forums

Dissapearing clique bonus, probably bug + some suggestions

sorrow

So I had a character with 4 point in charm, befriended that one girl that gives +1, the result = 5.

All was well, yes?

But then I got that clique infighting event, and had to chose sides (by the way, this pop-up is not very informative). I choose the side with +1 girl, and she was still in my clique, only the bonus was gone. That is to say, the ability was still displayed, by my character's charm score = 4.

Bad.

Additionally, 2 suggestions:

- the locations chosen for a given activity should be remembered (IMHO, better then defaulting to my character's room),

- red accept button (like in adventures) should also turn gray when pressed.

Still, I'm very happy with your game, good work.

Sorrow;

Thanks! For the suggestions, we plan to allow you to set a default Location other than your Room, but I can't say yet when this will be implemented. We'll look at greying out that button as well- good suggestion!

Another Academagian has reported the loss of Clique Abilities, but not explicitly after Fighting. We'll test it- thanks!

This happened to me again in a big way.

I have Emilia Picotta and Emilia Strolin and Hector whatshisface (+3 Bond guy). I have a few others who added skill stats, but I've built those skills so aren't sure if they disappeared, too.

I first noticed when my parental approval dropped from 31 to 11 with no explanation.

Then I was checking my familiar for something and noticed the 3 Bond was no longer there.

Next, I looked at character stats and saw that Charm was back to 2 instead of 5.

There aren't any negative emotions.

Everything was fine until sometime during Hinosi. Unfortunately, past days for whatever reason don't show the parental approval, so I can't pinpoint when that changed.

Note: I had another weird bug just before I noticed this. I'd keyed up the Muffler's adventure, the "Get to know your familiar" adventure and a third one (can't remember--probably standard Aranaz one). I only received the Muffler's eating adventure (which was selected for the afternoon) and none of the others. I noticed the messed up stats after that, but not sure if they're related.

ETA: Now the only people left in my clique are Aymeri and Emilia Stolin (still without the parental bonus).

The other clique member are in a group called the Night Flyers. They are Emilia Picotti, Hector, Silke, Carmine, Ana Flavia and Montague. All of these people were in my clique. There was no notice of in-fighting or notice that they left the clique. No one is there who wasn't in my clique (i.e., who stole them away).

Mumbles;

In this case it is working as intended- if Clique Member make a choice such that over 50% are in a side, they will instantly split off to form a new Clique with no need for you to choose a side. We will be making Fighting more noticeably reported for Cliques in the coming updates.

Something appears to be going on with Clique Abilities, although we haven't been able to pinpoint it- still, the information that your Clique was fighting and then you saw the issue makes me wonder if they are reset due to the Clique splintering. We'll test it, and thanks!

Mumbles;

In this case it is working as intended- if Clique Member make a choice such that over 50% are in a side, they will instantly split off to form a new Clique with no need for you to choose a side. We will be making Fighting more noticeably reported for Cliques in the coming updates.

Something appears to be going on with Clique Abilities, although we haven't been able to pinpoint it- still, the information that your Clique was fighting and then you saw the issue makes me wonder if they are reset due to the Clique splintering. We'll test it, and thanks!

I don't understand what you mean. Make a choice? Why didn't I know this was happening so I could try to prevent it? Who made the choice? My character or one of them? As a player, I would like to know why/when my clique is destroying itself.

Also, the clique did not splinter when I first wrote this. It wasn't until a couple days later that I noticed I was missing them. When I first checked (when I noticed the family bonus was gone) all clique members were still listed with me.

Mumbles;

Understood- it seems that when a Clique is splintering, the bonus is removed and never returned. We'll look at it in Patch 7, I believe.

As for Infighting, Cliques fight when one Member has a negative Relationship with another member. Over time, as this degenerates, the members in your Clique will choose one side or another (or defer their choice) until eventually the Clique splits apart. Generally, you only see this problem with large Cliques, and the best way to combat it is to make sure all parties have good Relationships with one another.

In the future, this reporting will be improved so you can easily tell the status of your Clique, and alerts (in red) will be shown at the time of your End of Day report as well.

Thanks!

Mumbles;

Understood- it seems that when a Clique is splintering, the bonus is removed and never returned. We'll look at it in Patch 7, I believe.

As for Infighting, Cliques fight when one Member has a negative Relationship with another member. Over time, as this degenerates, the members in your Clique will choose one side or another (or defer their choice) until eventually the Clique splits apart. Generally, you only see this problem with large Cliques, and the best way to combat it is to make sure all parties have good Relationships with one another.

In the future, this reporting will be improved so you can easily tell the status of your Clique, and alerts (in red) will be shown at the time of your End of Day report as well.

Thanks!

I just checked. Neither of the 2 remaining clique members were in negative relations with any of the old clique members. Some were as high as 4. My character lost members she had 10s with. That just seems...weird. That's like your best friend telling you they hate your guts and never talking to you again. Mind you, they are thirteen, but still.

Please do implement those changes. I'm sure other players spend a lot of actions getting their cliques built up. It's no fun to have it disintegrate and not have the option to stop it. This is the first time this has happened to me through many characters and always large cliques. Only one other time when Joanna got friended did I have a problem. That time t here was a warning pop-up. I was under the impression the player was always asked to choose sides.

Archived