Black Chicken Studios Forums

Familiar bond not increasing?

Bullwinkle

I've spent some time training my familiar. He now has a bond of 4, with all subskill bonds at 4 as well. I don't seem to be able to increase his bond past this. When I Groom Familiar, it reports a success and an increase in the specific sub-bond level, but the actual value doesn't go up. At first I thought this was because of my Familiar Kinship skill, but that's at 6. Am I missing something?

Also, am I correct in thinking you can't train a familiar's skill past his bond level?

Bullwinkle;

Your Familiar Skills presently state what you would need (if you had them) to Train, and are not subject to correct reporting. This will be corrected in the future, however.

For Bond, the way it works is that your Bond Sub-Skills can be Trained to 1 + your Bond Level. The Bond Sub-Skills might not be expanding because they need more than one Skill Step (it depends on your Familiar's Attributes.)

Bullwinkle;

Your Familiar Skills presently state what you would need (if you had them) to Train, and are not subject to correct reporting. This will be corrected in the future, however.

For Bond, the way it works is that your Bond Sub-Skills can be Trained to 1 + your Bond Level. The Bond Sub-Skills might not be expanding because they need more than one Skill Step (it depends on your Familiar's Attributes.)

Ahh that explains a lot. I wasted many actions trying to train up a a capped familiar skill then, because I had no way to know that other than by reading it here. Also I too spent many actions trying to Groom Pamela (god only knows how) and yet never saw an increase in Bond skills. Is this a facet of Pamela not being a proper Familiar?

Andor;

Although it really is a good question as to how you would groom Pamela (some kind of ectoplasmic brush, maybe?), the reason you cannot increase her Bond Skills is because of Patch 7 (an unintended consequence of the filtering we put on Random Skills). You'll be able to increase your Bond once more in Patch 8.

Thanks!

Archived