Black Chicken Studios Forums

Briliant

Adrian

You have got to admire a game that lets you set your arch-rival's robe on fire as a distraction for a random event.

Simply briliant!

I am slightly sorry for the unproductive post but I just can't help myself in this instance. I hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I :)

I was tempted to make a similarly unproductive post myself! While the thread has already been made I feel I may as well add to it. I've been quite enjoying this game. I've taken three different characters through it, not counting a number of games that I didn't finish.

The only review of the game on the Impulse forums is scathing. If anyone has Academagia from Impulse, perhaps they should look at its forum.

I'm very much hoping that the sales figures on Year 1 are enough to keep Black Chicken going; based on the very small forum crowd, I'm kind of worried that the funding for Year 2 won't materialize. Then again, this is being sold through the casual game channels, which don't exactly promote forum visitation or anything.

Have you all looked at a non-casual distribution strategy through Steam, etc., Legate? Even if you guys set out to create a casual game, the sheer depth of the game that you actually created is not very casual at all. This could do well (better, maybe) sold to the number-crunching variety of hardcore gamer...who just happened to grow up with Harry Potter, etc.; I'm one of them and I find Academagia to be an experience more akin to Civ IV than to the Sims.

Yeah yeah!

Academagia runner-ups the "whats hot in gaming" section of wikia(2nd with 246%-up popularity, and its the site where I first heard of the huge world of academagia!), if a lot of people could see this game in more distribution site(specially steam!), it would surely create a bigger community for us academagians, but the downside is, the Legate, Academagia fan(our super moderators), must have more time answering question from the threads it created from its own forums.

I too hope for the best, go black chicken and dominate! caw caw rawr! :)

I was tempted to make a similarly unproductive post myself! While the thread has already been made I feel I may as well add to it. I've been quite enjoying this game. I've taken three different characters through it, not counting a number of games that I didn't finish.

The only review of the game on the Impulse forums is scathing. If anyone has Academagia from Impulse, perhaps they should look at its forum.

I've answered to the only review (that dates back to August 18). I hope there will be enough buyers to see Year 3 (yeah I know Year 2 will come ;))

And I must say that in some events, we can interract with 5th year students. So you dev know what to do ? :)

I'm reminded of a mod project to port Baldur's Gate into the Baldur's Gate 2 engine, due to people wanting to play the first one but being frustrated by the ways in which its engine and UI fail to hold up against the standards of the second game. If the differences are too radical, you may well see people trying to do that here...

Archived